I think you may have noticed that I have been on a cinnamon kick lately. I don’t know what to say except that maybe making so many cinnamon recipes for my son has made his love for it rub off a little bit. So I decided to take that love for cinnamon & add to my Yummy Bar Recipes with these Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookie Bars. These are all the yummy goodness of a cinnamon roll all neatly compacted into a little easy to eat bar. Oh my word!!!
I made a batch of these when the hubs was in the hospital.
I took them in for the staff caring for him since he was there for so long. They sure loved them.
My son – well – he was in cinnamon heaven for sure.
Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookie Bars : Yummy Bar Recipes
- ½ cup butter - softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- *Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese - room temperature
- 8 tbsp butter - room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- **Cinnamon/sugar mixture for sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line 9x9 inch pan with parchment - set aside
- In mixer bowl cream butter & sugar until fluffy
- Add in egg & egg white, sour cream, vanilla & almond extracts- mix well
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking powder & salt to crumbly dough
- Press dough i a flt, even layer in prepared pan
- Use a fork to poke holes in the top to bake evenly
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until browned
- Cool completely before frosting
- *To make frosting
- Combine butter & cream cheese in mixer bowl & beat well
- Add in vanilla & then confectioners sugar & beat until creamy
- *Note- I found it easier to cut the bars first & then frost each one to keep the cuts cleaner.
- Spread frosting on & sprinkle with a little cinnamon/sugar mix
- Keep refrigerated until serving
How about some more great Yummy Bar Recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE