No Bake Peppermint Oreo Bars are made with marshmallows, crushed Oreo cookies and peppermint. These are the perfect easy holiday treat this time of year!
Have you ever made oreo bars before? These use melted marshmallows and crushed oreo cookies to make a soft and chewy bar that has a perfect hint of peppermint. Just right for the holiday season if you ask me.
Simple goodies that give me more time with the kids become quick favorites in my book. These treats are certainly simple. But they are not lacking on AWESOMENESS just because they are easy to make. These will have your family begging for more.
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
They are like a rice krispy treat- only instead of krispies- it’s OREOS. YES PLEASE!
I can’t get enough of marshmallow anything- so I was finding excuses to not share.
Here are some commonly asked questions
Can I use regular Oreo cookies for this recipe?
I suppose you could. However there are more cookies in the package when they aren’t the double stuffed variety, which would make the ratio of cookie crumbs to marshmallows different. I’m not sure they would turn out as soft and chewy using anothing but what is called for here.
Can I use a different type of candy bar?
Yes, if you find another peppermint flavored candy bar that you like better, you can chop that up and use it in this recipe.
HOW DO YOU MAKE No Bake Peppermint Oreo Bars
- Line an 8×8 glass baking dish & set aside.
- Place your Oreos in food processor & pulse.
- Combine your butter & marshmallows.
- Pour in your ground Oreos & start mixing until completely combined.
- Transfer to your prepared dish.
- Sprinkle your rough chopped peppermint candy bar on top.
- Cover & allow to set at room temperature 2 hours before serving.
No Bake Peppermint Oreo Bars
To make this recipe you will need…
SO GOOD! I’m just sayin’
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
No Bake Oreo Bars
Looking for more holiday favorites?
No Bake Peppermint Oreo Bars
- 1 package Double stuffed Oreos 16 ounce
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 of a stick)
- 10 Jumbo Marshmallows
- 1 Hershey’s Candy Cane Candy Bar – rough cut 3.5 ounce
- Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with foil or parchment & set aside. ( I typically would use parchment but in this recipe, I prefer the foil instead)
- Place your Oreos in food processor & pulse until you have thick crumbs. (the whole Oreo- do not take out the creamy center)
- In a large bowl – combine your butter & marshmallows.
- Place in microwave & cook on high 1-2 minutes. Marshmallows will puff up significantly but they need to be melted enough that they will mix when stirred.
- Once melted enough- pour in your ground Oreos & start mixing until completely combined & there are no more loose crumbs at the bottom of the bowl.
- Transfer to your prepared dish & press in to flatten & fill in the dish.
- Sprinkle your rough chopped peppermint candy bar on top – it will get a little melted from the warmth of the bars- that’s perfect.
- Cover & allow to sit at room temperature 2 hours before serving. OR you can pop in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes & then let come back to close to room temp before cutting.