Once the Christmas songs come on, I’m excited for all of the holiday desserts, even the store-bought ones. One of my favorites to see on the shelves inspired this Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip.
Little Debbie knows how to make a popular snack cake or two, and this particular one doesn’t disappoint. Their Christmas tree cakes are so festive and adorable just as they are but I couldn’t resist making another dessert with them.
PIN NOW TO SAVE FOR LATER
This recipe takes simple ingredients like vanilla and cream cheese, as well as these cakes, and turns them into what might be the most fun treat of the holiday season. It has all of the Christmas colors and a whole ton of sweet flavor.
If you’re looking for a simple recipe to take to a holiday party, this is your kind of recipe. It comes together in minutes and you can pair it with any assortment of dippers!
Common Questions about Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip
What does the Little Debbie Christmas Tree taste like?
If you’re not familiar with the Little Debbie Christmas tree, it’s a chocolate cake shaped like a Christmas tree with a vanilla icing that coats the entire outside (that’s decorated, of course). The seasonal snack cakes are similar to Zebra Cakes.
What do you eat with a sweet cream cheese dip?
Cookies and sweet crackers are clearly great contenders for dipping into a dessert dip. However, you can also use it to sweeten up a smoothie or milkshake, make a creamy oatmeal or cream of wheat, or even spoon it on a sweet potato.
Other Delicious No-Bake Desserts
Can I use sweetened cream cheese?
There are a number of cream cheese flavors that are fruity or sweetened with honey. You can certainly use these in place of standard cream cheese but depending on how sweet you want your dip to be, you may need to make other adjustments.
Making Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip Ahead of Time
Like most dips, this sweet one can be made ahead of time so that you can pull it out just when it’s ready to be served.
While it can be stored longer, this dip is best made either just before serving or up to a day ahead of time.
Other Sweet Dessert Dips
- Funfetti Cake Batter Dip
- Peanut Butter Brownie Dip
- Chocolate Chip Dessert Dip
- Cookie Dough Dip
- Patriotic Cake Batter Dip
- Cinnamon Cheesecake Dip
- Pumpkin Dessert Dip
The storage couldn’t be easier for this decadent dip!
Refrigerator – Store this dip in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container or a serving bowl covered in plastic wrap.
Freezing – While cream cheese dips can be frozen, keep in mind that the texture could change. If you choose to freeze this dip, store it in a freezer-safe container and check the texture upon thawing — you may need to mix it by hand (or gently with a hand mixer) to achieve the desired consistency.
Tips For The Best Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip
This is one super easy recipe but there are a few things that will make it easier to ensure you make the best dip.
- Using full-fat dairy will give you the creamiest dip. While you can get neufchatel instead of cream cheese, or use a lower fat milk, do keep in mind that fat adds flavor and contributes to a silkier texture.
- Whipped topping can easily be bought from the grocery store (think: Cool Whip) and its use in this recipe adds airy lightness to the texture of the dip. However, we are always fans of homemade food and the added flavor you get from them, so try making your own whipped cream to add to the dip.
- Don’t skimp on beating the cream cheese. Mixing the cream cheese completely in the first step makes sure that plenty of air is added and that it is silky smooth so that you can create the perfect consistency of the dip.
It takes only a handful of easy ingredients to whip up this easy recipe.
- Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes or single serving cakes
- Cream cheese (softened)
- Milk (whole or 2%)
- Vanilla extract
- Whipped topping (thawed)
Kitchen Supplies You’ll Need
This recipe requires only a few simple supplies you likely already have in your kitchen.
- Large bowl
- Stand mixer with a paddle attachment or electric hand mixer
- Small bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Rubber spatula or wooden spoon
- Knife (optional)
How to Make Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip
This easy dip comes together quickly and easily with just a few steps.
- Using your hands or a knife, break up the cakes so that they are in small pieces.
- Place the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and beat it on high speed until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract to the cream cheese, continuing to beat on high.
- Drop the cake pieces into the cream cheese mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, gently mix the cake into the mixture.
- Then, add the whipped topping to the cream cheese and cake mixture.
- Gently fold the topping into the mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a storage container or serving dish.
- Refrigerate the mixture, covered in plastic wrap, until it is ready to be served.
- Just before serving, stir the dip to ensure that it has the desired consistency and that all ingredients are mixed together.
- Serve the dip chilled or at room temperature. Garnish the dip with sprinkles and serve with your favorite dippers.
What to Serve With Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip
There are lots of options to serve with this festive dip.
- Graham crackers – The cinnamon flavor is perfectly seasonal while the cracker is crunchy enough to hold up to the dip.
- Vanilla wafers – Cookies like Nila Wafers are an awesome accompaniment to this sweet dip.
- Shortbread cookies – Classic shortbread cookies are a simple treat that’s ideal for dipping.
- Animal crackers – These are another basic cookie that will work well with the flavors of the dip.
- Gingerbread cookies – The sweet and spicy flavor of these mingles well with the sweet and creamy dip.
- Pretzels – If you like a sweet and salty combination, pretzels are a perfect choice for dipping.
- Fruit – Try dipping any dried or fresh fruit into this tasty, sweet dip.
Why You Should Make This Recipe
If you’re looking for something sweet and seasonal, this dip is for you. There are a few other reasons to make it, as well.
- Cost efficient – Most of the ingredients are fairly inexpensive but you still wind up with a cute and festive treat.
- Pretty – With all of the cake pieces in the dip as well as the sprinkle garnish, this sweet treat is so much fun to add to any dessert table at a gathering. Use Christmas sprinkles specifically to brighten up any holiday party.
- Easy – With just a few quick steps you have an easy dessert ready to be munched on immediately or stored until you’re ready to serve it.
- Portable – You can definitely snack on this for holiday movie night at home, but you can also easily store the dip and toss it in a bag to take to a Christmas party or to other holiday gatherings.
Variations and Add-ins
This slightly dunkaroo-style dip dotted with cake pieces is a cute holiday treat, but you can add some other ingredients, or change things up, to customize it.
- Chocolate chips – Gently fold in dark, milk, semi-sweet, or white chocolate chips as a perfect addition to the dip for added texture and chocolatey flavor.
- Crushed nuts – Pecans, walnuts, peanuts, or pistachios are all good options to mix into the dip.
- Cookie pieces – Instead of, or in addition to, cake pieces, try breaking up cookies like gingerbread or Oreos for a different flavored dip.
- Sprinkles – While you can just garnish with them, you can also add multi-colored sprinkles to the dip to make it even more funfetti-like. Just be sure to gently fold them in so that the color doesn’t spread throughout.
- Food coloring – You can add any color that you like to make the dip more festive.
- Sour cream – Try adding a dollop of sour cream (or Greek yogurt) to impart a slightly tangy flavor.
If you love this easy Little Debbie Dessert Dip recipe, you’re going to love these other holiday treats too. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
Other Holiday Dessert Dishes
DON’T MISS MY HOLIDAY E-BOOK!
If you love this recipe for Little Debbie as much as I do, please write a five-star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH TASTE OF THE FRONTIER!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Dip
- 1 box Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes or 3 single serving cakes
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup milk whole or 2%
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz whipped topping thawed
- Break or cut up the tree cakes into small pieces, about ½ inch in size.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the cake pieces.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Transfer the mixture to a smaller bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve – up to 1 day ahead.
- Before serving the dip, stir and then garnish with sprinkles.
- Serve with dippers of your choice.
- Store the leftovers in refrigerator.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Share Your Thoughts