It’s that time of year when my kitchen resembles a bakery 99.9% of the time. I’m in full baking mode here. My family is loving it & what we can’t realistically eat is packaged up & sent to the station. Which is great- except they already receive treats from the public almost daily. 🙂 That’s okay – they are such sweet guys & gladly accept all the things I send their way. But in all my baking I found a particular chocolate chip cookie recipe that the hubs has requested I make again & again. This recipe was even able to break one of the firefighters from his vegan, all natural diet he’s been on. He has been so good for months but he threw caution to the wind & enjoyed some.
It’s so yummy- the combo of the super soft, chewy chocolate cookie- with the taste of peppermint.
It’s like eating a soft thin mint- no crunch- just chocolate & mint goodness.
The Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips are fabulous. I hope they make them available year round.
You know you want one!!
Peppermint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- *Recipe slightly adapted from Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup butter- softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp peppermint mocha instant coffee
- 2 tsp hot water
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peppermint crunch baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dissolve instant coffee in hot water- set aside.
- In mixer bowl- combine butter & sugars. Beat well until combined & fluffy.
- Add in eggs - mix.
- Stir in prepared coffee water
- Add in dry ingredients - mix well until completely combined
- Add in chocolate chips & peppermint chips - mix to incorporate
- Drop by spoonfuls on baking sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes
- Cool on cookie sheet several minutes before transferring to wire rack to complete cooling.
- Store in airtight container
Want more cookies?
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE