I think it’s safe to say that I’m sort of obsessed with mint this time of year. Especially when it comes to combining it with chocolate. Mmmmmmmm – yeah. I can’t get enough. So just be warned. I picked up some of those delectable Andes mints pieces & decided they would be great in muffins. Not just any muffins would do though. I needed to make the kids something for breakfast but these actually turned out more like a treat. That’s okay- they weren’t complaining about these.
They actually turned out with more of a brownie type texture- works for me. Yum!
A little sprinkle of extra mint pieces on top when they are hot- OH MY!
Chocolate Mint Muffins
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour spooned in, not scooped
- 1-1/4 cups brown sugar - packed
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup Andes mint pieces
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tsp coffee extract
- 1 cup Andes mints for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 16 muffin tins with parchment liners
- Combine milk & vinegar in small cup & set aside
- In large bowl - whisk together flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- Add in mint chips & stir to incorporate
- In separate bowl combine milk mixture & eggs- whisk
- Add in oil & coffee extract - whisk to combine.
- Pour into dry mixture & carefully fold in. Do not over mix.
- Scoop by the spoonful into prepared baking tins until the papers are 3/4 full
- Bake 23- 25 minutes or until toothpick test is clean.
- Let cool in pan & then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in airtight container.
Need more breakfast ideas?
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE