So- I’m sure by now you have noticed that I am on a Peppermint kick right now. I can’t seem to help myself. It’s that time of year & it’s so YUMMY. I love trying it with all my usual holiday cookie recipes. This time I decided to mix in those little peppermint bits into my favorite holiday shortbread cookie recipe to create something a little extra special.
Buttery & rich with those little bits of peppermint to give your mouth a little pop.
Peppermint Shortbread Bars
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter - room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar- sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour- spooned- not scooped
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup Andes peppermint crunch bits
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray 8x8 glass baking dish with cooking spray- set aside
- In mixer bowl- combine butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla, flour & salt. Beat until well combined. Should look moist but not creamy
- Fold in peppermint bits.
- Transfer to your prepared baking dish. Press down with fingers to flatten & spread out into dish.
- Bake until firm & pale golden color. 35-40 minutes
- Let cool on wire rack about 30 minutes before cutting & transferring to airtight container or serving.
Want more holiday treats?
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE