One Hour Cinnamon Rolls are one of the easiest & most delicious cinnamon rolls recipes you’ll ever make. Literally just one hour to enjoying that first bite!
Man, I sure love a good cinnamon roll. How about you? When I was expecting my first born there was a place near where we lived that made THE BEST cinnamon rolls. They were massive & absolutely amazing. I ate them way more often than I should have & I’m pretty sure that is why my son now has a serious addiction to cinnamon. After many years I decided it was high time to make my own. Many years & many recipes later, I have finally recreated the best thing on earth to enjoy for breakfast. Best part- they only take one hour to make. Check out these One Hour Cinnamon Rolls!
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I’m not kidding when I say one hour. I really mean it. From the time you get started to the time you are enjoying your first bite- just one hour. This, of course, makes it really hard to tell the family that I just don’t have time on a Sunday morning to make some of these. They hint around….”gee mom, wouldn’t cinnamon rolls be great for breakfast?” as I’m sipping my coffee & trying to wake up. Well, as a matter a fact, yes they would be great. With a recipe as good as this I really have nothing holding me back.
Simple, easy & oh so amazingly delicious.
One Hour Cinnamon Rolls
By far our favorite breakfast! It takes less time than making a full breakfast with eggs, bacon & pancakes.
Be sure to bookmark your favorites here so you have them handy, or Pin them to your favorite recipes or projects board on Pinterest.
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more awesome breakfast recipes?
Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
One Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup warm water 115 degrees is perfect
- 3/4 cup buttermilk- room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp butter- melted & slightly cooled
- 3 tbsp dry active yeast
- 1/2 tbsp table salt
- 2 large eggs- room temperature
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter- melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 oz cream cheese- room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 2-4 tbsp milk (depending on desired thickness
- In a large mixer bowl, combine water, buttermilk, sugar, melted butter & yeast, stir & then allow to sit approx 15 minutes for yeast to proof. (you know it's ready when it's puffed & frothy)
- Add in eggs, salt & flour & mix together slowly using a dough hook until flour is incorporated
- Set on med-low speed & mix/knead 10 minutes
- Once mixed, let rest 10 minutes while you make your filling & preheat the oven
- Prepare the filling by combining brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger in a small bowl & mixing with a fork
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees & line a baking sheet with a non-stick mat
- Roll dough out on lightly floured surface into a flat & even layer (approx 12x15)
- Brush melted butter over dough & then sprinkle filling mixture on top
- Roll tightly on the long side & then cut into 12 large rolls (easiest way to make them even is to first cut the log in half & then cut those two pieces in half again & then those 4 pieces into thirds)
- Place on prepared baking sheet & bake 15-20 minutes
- Remove & allow to cool slightly while you mix your icing
- Prepare the icing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl & whisking well until you reach desired consistency
- Drizzle over the top of the rolls while they are still warm