The absolute BEST M&M Sugar Cookie Bars recipe! They’re soft & sweet & super chewy. Topped with a super easy buttercream frosting & mini M&M’s. You can’t go wrong with these!
Do you love sugar cookies? They are a favorite for many in our house. What’s not to love really? A soft & chewy cookie topped with sweet frosting! YUM! But you see, I don’t always have time to roll, cut, bake & frost dozens of individual cookies. I’m sure you can relate! Which is why I love making these M&M Sugar Cookie Bars instead.
Sugar Cookie Bars
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
You see, I love these because I can mix the dough, transfer it to one single baking pan & bake it like one giant cookie. Then decorating is as easy as frosting a sheet cake. Just spread it on, sprinkle on your mini m&m’s & cut.
I love adding the mini M&M’s because not only are they super fun colors but that little bit of chocolate in each bite is the perfect compliment to the sugar cookie & frosting flavors.
We hadn’t made these in a really long time, but one weekend the whole family was really craving sugar cookies. I was super tight on time & was getting ready to rush out the door for an appointment. There was just 1 hour to get it all done. I knew that making sugar cookie bars was quick & easy, which made them the perfect dessert for us.
More Cookie Bar Recipes
- Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookie Bars
- Cherry Pie Bars
- Birthday Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
- St. Patrick’s Day Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- M&M Christmas Cookie Bars
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Patriotic Cookie Bars
M&M Sugar Cookie Bars
So when you really want a sugar cookie without all the extra work, these M&M Sugar Cookie Bars are the perfect alternative. I know you will love them as much as we do. Enjoy!
More Sugar Cookie Recipes
- Lofthouse Sugar Cookies
- Soft Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Keto Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- 4-Ingredient Sugar Cookies
- Fall Sugar Cookies
- Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
- Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Sugar Cookie Bars
Looking for more awesome treat recipes?
M&M Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp table salt
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch table salt
- ⅓ cup mini m&m’s
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment & spray lightly with cooking spray – set aside.
- In a mixer bowl with the paddle attachment, cream together butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
- Mix in egg, egg white, sour cream & vanilla until well combined.
- Slowly stir in flour, baking powder, & salt to form a crumbly dough.
- Transfer dough to prepared pan & press into an even layer. Using a fork, poke the dough every few inches so it will bake evenly.
- Bake17-20 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool completely before frosting
- Beat together butter, confectioners sugar & milk
- Add vanilla & salt & beat until fluffy.
- Spread over cooled bars, sprinkle with mini m&m’s & cut into squares.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Tamar Strauss-Benjamin says
Oh man that looks so good!
I have such a weakness for M&M sugar cookies…and making them into bars takes out the most laborious part. Now, I just need a reason to make them. Yum. Thanks so much for sharing at the #happynowlinkup!
Victoria @DazzleWhileFrazzled says
These look really good. Love the easiness of making bar cookies.
Miz Helen says
Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon!
Linda Henry says
Instructions were clear. Very good recipe.