The absolute BEST M&M Sugar Cookie Bars recipe! They’re soft & sweet & super chewy. Topped with a super easy buttercream frosting & mini M&M’s. You can’t go wrong with these!
Do you love sugar cookies? They are a favorite for many in our house. What’s not to love really? A soft & chewy cookie topped with sweet frosting! YUM! But you see, I don’t always have time to roll, cut, bake & frost dozens of individual cookies. I’m sure you can relate! Which is why I love making these M&M Sugar Cookie Bars instead.
Sugar Cookie Bars
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
You see, I love these because I can mix the dough, transfer it to one single baking pan & bake it like one giant cookie. Then decorating is as easy as frosting a sheet cake. Just spread it on, sprinkle on your mini m&m’s & cut.
I love adding the mini M&M’s because not only are they super fun colors but that little bit of chocolate in each bite is the perfect compliment to the sugar cookie & frosting flavors.
We hadn’t made these in a really long time, but one weekend the whole family was really craving sugar cookies. I was super tight on time & was getting ready to rush out the door for an appointment. There was just 1 hour to get it all done. I knew that making sugar cookie bars was quick & easy, which made them the perfect dessert for us.
M&M Sugar Cookie Bars
So when you really want a sugar cookie without all the extra work, these M&M Sugar Cookie Bars are the perfect alternative. I know you will love them as much as we do. Enjoy!
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
Looking for more awesome treat recipes?
M&M Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp table salt
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch table salt
- ⅓ cup mini m&m’s
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment & spray lightly with cooking spray – set aside.
- In a mixer bowl with the paddle attachment, cream together butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
- Mix in egg, egg white, sour cream & vanilla until well combined.
- Slowly stir in flour, baking powder, & salt to form a crumbly dough.
- Transfer dough to prepared pan & press into an even layer. Using a fork, poke the dough every few inches so it will bake evenly.
- Bake17-20 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool completely before frosting
- Beat together butter, confectioners sugar & milk
- Add vanilla & salt & beat until fluffy.
- Spread over cooled bars, sprinkle with mini m&m’s & cut into squares.