Ha- I bet you thought I forgot to make more Yummy Bar Recipes to share with you all this week. I did not forget – I just saved these Blueberry Cheesecake Bars to help kick off your weekend. My family is nuts for blueberry recipes – where I tend to lean more towards blackberries or cherries when it comes to adding fruit to my desserts. But I have to say – the blueberries added to these cheesecake bars was a fabulous choice. I love that these are thicker than a no-bake cheesecake bar. More like a New York style cheesecake – then all the blueberries – holy YUM! You will LOVE these!!
For an added special treat – I changed up the crust. I went to pull out my box of graham crackers & realized that they were not as fresh as they should be. Bummer – I thought I was going to have to scrap my cheesecake plans. Until I found my box of vanilla wafers. Oh my friends – vanilla wafer crust is my new favorite.
The family was LOVING the crust – just a subtle twist but oh so yummy.
Blueberry Cheesecake Bars : Yummy Bar Recipes
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- ½ c. sour cream
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Vanilla Wafer Crust:
- 2-2/3 cups Vanilla Wafer cookies finely crushed
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. ½ stick butter, melted & cooled
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine crust ingredients & mix until combined, then press into prepared pan, creating an even layer.
- Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool while preparing the remaining components.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all blueberry ingredients, toss gently to combine, set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. NOTE: it’s imperative that the cream cheese, sour cream and eggs are at room temperature,to avoid clumpy batter
- On low, add vanilla, salt and eggs.
- Mix until just combined
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the baked crust.
- Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Carefully top with blueberry mixture
- Place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the cheesecake has set and the crumble is lightly golden brown in color. (use the toothpick test - when it's almost completely clean - it's done)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for at least 3-5 hours before removing, cutting and serving.
Looking for more Yummy Bar Recipes? How about some more with blueberries?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE