One Hour Dinner Rolls are made with this easy yeast rolls recipe. Buttery, soft, fluffy dinner rolls are undeniably delicious & literally take just 60 minutes to make! My favorite roll recipe ever! The perfect recipe for holidays & gatherings.
One Hour Dinner Rolls
I love bread. Actually, what I should say is that I’m completely obsessed with bread. I LOVE it so much. It’s definitely a weakness for me. So when I was looking through all the amazing recipes by all the bloggers in our recipe swap group I was super excited for the chance to make these soft & fluffy one-hour rolls from The Baker Upstairs. I mean beautiful, perfect dinner rolls in an hour- I’m all for that. Even though this is a yeast roll recipe, it still only took an hour. I have to tell you- these were OVER THE TOP AMAZING! I’m completely swooning over these.
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I was so drawn to this recipe because it gave me a chance to use my beautiful, new casserole dish that I’m seriously crushing on. Normally I would have made these in my standard casserole dish– but once I picked up this new one, there’s no looking back. Somehow pulling these out of a pretty dish made them even better. 🙂 I must say, I shared this first one with my son because he was helping me with the photos. Then we each had a couple with our soup at dinner & there must have been a few more enjoyed at some point between then & dinner the next day. So that meant that the next day there were 7 left. My son looked at me & asked how I wanted him to split them up between the 4 of us. I looked at him like he should know better than to ask- he already knew the answer. If I were a good mom I would have told them to each have 2 & I would take the last one. Did I? Nope! Because I’m obsessed with bread, they each got ONE & I had the remaining 4. Yes- I did- I ate 4 in one sitting & didn’t regret it one bit. I enjoyed every single buttery, salty, fluffy bite. I can’t wait to make more- because these were INSANE!
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast (I used rapid yeast)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, more or less as needed (I used 3-3/4)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- sea salt flakes, for sprinkling on top
- Using your mixer bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water and let stand for five minutes, or until foamy (if your bowl is chilled or your room is cool this could take longer)
- Add butter, salt & 3 cups of the flour, and mix until combined.
- Add additional flour, ¼ cup at a time, until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is slightly sticky to the touch (do not add too much flour!)
- Let the mixer knead 3-5 minutes, until smooth.
- Cover with plastic, place in a warm spot and let rise 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees & spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray
- Punch down the dough & divide into 20 equal sized pieces
- Roll each piece into a ball and space evenly in the prepared pan
- Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with sea salt, and let rise for an additional 15-20 minutes Bake 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown ( you can turn on the broiler for about 1-2 minutes at the end to get a more golden top)
- Remove and brush with butter
- Let cool slightly before serving
If you love a PERFECT dinner roll that’s easy & quick- these are THE BEST!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas that these One Hour Dinner Rolls would go great with?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE