Heavenly One Hour Dinner Rolls that are so light & fluffy. Delicious & buttery, they’re perfect for holidays but easy enough for every night of the week.
There are few things in this world I love more than a soft & fluffy dinner roll all smothered in butter. I really love bread & having homemade dinner rolls with our meal just makes me grin from ear to ear. I especially love it when the recipe comes together in an hour or less. Because let’s be honest, if it takes too long then it’s really only suitable for a large planned event. Who has time to spend hours making rolls for a regular weeknight dinner? I sure don’t. I usually make my “go-to” One-Hour Dinner Rolls that are a favorite here. But over Thanksgiving, I decided to change things up with this recipe & wow, it sure gives my original recipe a run for its money.
Dinner Roll Recipe
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
So this past Thanksgiving we were spending the day with our next-door neighbors. I knew we would have a large crowd & my usual recipe makes about 20 rolls. So I knew I had to either make about 3 batches to make sure we had enough or come up with a different recipe that would simplify things. The day before Thanksgiving I decided to test recipes. I ended up with nearly 60 rolls – perfect for the holiday. But I wanted to make them fresh for the holiday – so I was passing out the test batch to everyone around.
I made another batch of 54 for us all to enjoy on the holiday. But I figured that you probably don’t need 54 rolls on a normal day any more than I do. So I’m sharing a small batch version here for 18. This recipe easily doubles & triples depending on your needs. So you could make 18, 36 or 54 & they will still come out AWESOME!.
Heavenly One Hour Dinner Rolls
Oh & that is no joke- they really do take just one hour. The process is incredibly simple. You will not be disappointed. I promise! So simple that I can whip up a batch with our dinner at least once a week. I sometimes just make the triple batch & we have them all week long. These really are Heavenly One Hour Dinner Rolls.
Be sure to bookmark your favorites here so you have them handy, or Pin them to your favorite recipes or projects board on Pinterest.
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more ?
Heavenly One Hour Dinner Rolls
- 1/4 cup butter cubed + more for brushing on after baking
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 egg
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp dry active yeast you can also use instant yeast or rapid rise
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
- Combine butter, milk water & sugar in a large microwave-safe bowl
- Microwave 3 minutes
- Pour this mixture into mixing bowl fitted with a dough hook attachment
- Add egg & 1 cup of the flour - mix well.
- Sprinkle in yeast, salt & remaining flour - mix well
- Turn the mixer up to high & let it knead for approx 10-12 minutes
- Add a handful of flour as you remove the dough & work it in with your hands as you roll out onto a well-floured surface
- Roll into a flat circle & use a pizza wheel to cut into 18 pie-shaped wedges
- Roll in from the wide (outside) edge to the center so it looks like a croissant
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Brush each roll with melted butter & sprinkle with coarse sea salt
- Let rise approx 15 min in a warm spot - preheat the oven to 375 while you wait.
- Bake approx 14 min & then broil for 1
- Brush with additional melted butter once baked - enjoy!