Easy Family Dinner Ideas are back with this tasty Parmesan Ranch Pasta Salad. A simple, quick & delicious side dish with a ready to go fried chicken dinner.
It’s no secret, I like easy family dinner ideas that are just that- easy. Especially when preparing for large gatherings like 4th of July celebrations. When I can streamline the process without sacrificing flavor or quality – I will do that. So we did a trial run while planning out our holiday menu. I want the menu to be something that I can easily prepare because there is always the possibility of the hubs getting called out & I don’t want him to miss dinner. But I want everyone satisfied & happy too. So I decided I would prepare some yummy sides dishes & have the hubs stop in to Walmart to pick up some fried chicken from the deli case.
This time I will be adding a loaf of French bread & this Parmesan Ranch Pasta Salad to have along with our chicken. It’s made with noodles, thick & creamy ranch dressing, fresh picked tomatoes from our garden, olives, seasonings & of course Parmesan – it’s the perfect dish. The kids can’t get enough, which always makes me happy. I really like that it can be prepared ahead of time & kept in the fridge until it’s time to serve.
For great easy family dinner ideas like this one, pick up delicious & fresh fried chicken pre-packed & ready to go. It’s a great way to feed the crowd this 4th of July!!! Just be sure to order ahead for large quantities of more than 50 pieces. It is first-come-first-serve. But so much better than being stuck in the kitchen or even manning the grill when you should be enjoying & celebrating the day!
Parmesan Ranch Pasta Salad
- 1 pkg 12 oz noodles whatever shape you like
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1 large tomato - diced
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 small can chopped olives
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt &pepper to taste
- In small bowl combine mayo, sour cream,buttermilk & ranch seasoning & whisk well to combine.
- Place in refrigerator while you prepare your other items.
- Cook pasta to package directions (usually requires boiling 8-10 minutes)
- Drain & rinse under cold water
- Transfer to large mixing bowl & add tomatoes, olives & bacon bits
- Pour in your prepared ranch dressing & carefully toss to combine
- Add salt, pepper & granulated garlic & toss again
- Chill in refrigerator until serving
So what’s your favorite dish to serve for your 4th of July celebrations?
Looking for more Easy Family Dinner Ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE