These Bourbon Baked Beans are a summer staple. Loaded with bourbon, brown sugar & bacon & the ease of a slow cooker makes these the best side dish to go with all your summer grilling.
What is your favorite side dish when it comes to grilling & backyard bbq’s? For us it’s Bourbon Baked Beans. We make them all the time. They are truly one of my family’s favorite things to pair with dinner. When it comes to Easy Family Dinner Ideas this recipe is one we make again & again & again.
Beans & bacon smothered in thick tangy sauce with a little bite – BBQ heaven. It’s the perfect side dish for all your grilling recipes. Once in a while I like to add in a little bit of my homemade huckleberry bbq sauce – It isn’t necessary, but oh so delicious
Slow Cooker Baked Beans
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
This recipe is as easy as just tossing it all in the slow cooker & letting it heat. Give it a little stir every 30 minutes or so just to keep pockets of heat from forming. Oh & don’t worry about the bourbon- it has all day to cook out most of the alcohol. So all you are left with is some GREAT flavor.
You can’t beat it. No soaking. Just prep in the morning after breakfast & they will be ready to enjoy when the rest of your meal is done. I’m telling you – make these for your next summer bbq – people won’t believe how good they are. You don’t have to get baked beans out of a can.
Bourbon Baked Beans
For this recipe you will need…
- bacon – cooked & crumbled
- Great Northern Beans
- bourbon or whiskey
- tomato paste
- yellow mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- minced onion flakes
- granulated garlic
- brown sugar
- salt & pepper
I so love this time of year. We grill almost daily & these are the perfect side dish.
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER BAKED BEANS
Looking for more great easy family recipes?
Bourbon Baked Beans - Slow Cooker Recipe
- 2 pounds bacon cooked & crumbled
- 4 cans Great Northern Beans drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp dried minced onion flakes
- 2 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients except the bacon in slow cooker & stir.
- Cover & cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 3-5 hours. Stir every 30-60 minutes.
- About 20 minutes before serving add your cooked bacon
- NOTE - if they start getting a little dry or pasty you can add a little more water to thin them out. But this is a sign that they have cooked for too long & you want to serve soon.