If you love using your pressure cooker, then you simply must try this recipe for Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs. Moist, juicy & fall off the bone deliciously easy. Soon to be a favorite for dinner.
Do you love ribs? We are a family that can’t seem to get enough. Each & every year we really look forward to grilling season because ribs are easy to find & we make them quite often. After years of making our tried & true recipe, I decided to stray from the norm & put my Instant Pot to the test. We created these Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs that definitely gave our usual recipe a run for its money. We may never go back – check it out.
You see, we usually bake our ribs in a tightly sealed roasting pan for a couple hours before finishing them off on the grill for a little char. This method has given us consistently amazing results for years. But that Instant Pot, it’s so quick & keeps me from having to turn on the oven in the heat of summer. So I just had to give it a go & I was so pleased with the result.
Pressure Cooker Baby Back Ribs
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
You just season your ribs & place them sideways (curled up) in the pot. Add your liquid & cook for about 30 minutes depending on how many racks you add in there. Release naturally for about 15 minutes & then quick release. Then pull them out, brush with a little bbq sauce & place on the grill (or broil in the oven) for about 5-7 minutes on each side. That’s it. So incredibly easy.
So what if you want to make spare ribs instead of baby back ribs?
Simple- just increase your cooking time to 30-35 minutes.
What if I live in high or low altitude, does this change the method?
A little. Just increase the cooking time by 1-2 minutes for high altitude & decrease by 1-2 minutes for low altitude.
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
For this recipe you will need…
My friends – you will NOT be disappointed. ENJOY!
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
HOW TO MAKE BABY BACK RIBS IN AN INSTANT POT
Looking for more great Instant Pot recipes?
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- 1-2 racks baby back pork ribs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic - per rack
- 1 tsp salt- per rack
- 1 tsp pepper - per rack
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce - per rack
- Season ribs & place them sideways (curled up) in the pot on top of the trivet. You can nest them within one another.
- Add your liquid, seal the lid & cook on manual/high for about 25-30 minutes depending on how many racks you add in there.
- Release naturally for about 15 minutes & then quick release.
- Pull them out, brush with a little bbq sauce & place on the grill (or broil in the oven) for about 5-7 minutes on each side.