Something about summer makes me want sweet treats. Things like caramel popcorn seem to have a mental tab that says summer. Not sure what it is but the two go hand in hand for me. As part of the design team for Kristy’s Life n’ Reflection I received the Stars & Stripes Popcorn Party Set this month. (releases today!!) So I decided to not only make some popcorn but to do my own spin on the classic caramel popcorn.
Check out the adorable popcorn boxes.
I love that they are disposable so I don’t have to track down containers when we do parties.
I think the flags are really meant to be on straws – but they were so cute made into a banner.
You can pick up this set here at Life n’ Reflection.
Coco Nutty Caramel Popcorn
- 4 Mini- 100 Calorie Bags Microwave Popcorn- Popped
- 1 stick 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 Cup Spanish Peanuts
- 2/3 Cup Sweetened Coconut
- Pop popcorn & set aside in large bowl.
- In large saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup & sweetened condensed milk.
- Bring to a boil (all ingredients will combine & get thick) stirring slowly & constantly with spatula.
- Reduce heat to med/low & continue to boil & stir for 5 minutes.
- Immediately remove from heat & pour over popcorn.
- Stir to coat with wooden spoon.
- Add peanuts & coconut & continue to stir to incorporate & coat.
- Allow to cool before serving.
This is a softer caramel- will not become crunchy or hard when cooled!
Perfect for your next party!
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE