Today I wanted to share with you a super simple Halloween treat that everyone goes crazy for.
I had originally shared this over at Reasons to Skip the Housework but I wanted to be sure to share here too in case you missed it.
I adapted this from my White Chocolate M&M Popcorn I made back in July. The family has been begging me to make it again with the festive fall candies but I wanted something a little different. I used the super fun Halloween Oreo’s instead. I love the pop of the dark cookie against the orange filling with the popcorn. The kids love it & it’s so YUMMY!
Oh my goodness- I could eat the whole batch in one sitting.
Halloween Oreo Cookie Butter Popcorn
- 1 bag microvave popcorn popped - 3-3.5 ounce bag
- 1-2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 12 Halloween Oreos - roughly chopped
- Pop your popcorn & pour into large bowl- set aside
- In double boiler- combine white chocolate chips, cookie butter & shortening
- Heat & stir until completely melted, combined & liquefied.
- Remove from heat & carefully pour over popcorn - toss quickly to coat & combine
- Add in Oreos- continue to toss to coat & incorporate.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for 24-48 hours.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE