Apple Pie Mug Cake, everything you love about cinnamon & apple pie in an easy 3-minute mug cake. Quick & easy desserts don’t get any better than this.
I have a house full of people who absolutely can’t get enough cinnamon. It’s probably because the hubs grew up in a place called Apple Hill in California. Orchards were everywhere & there was certainly an abundance of apple pie happening. But we joke that the reason my son is so crazy for cinnamon is because I ate sticky buns nearly every single day when I was expecting him. The whole house loves cinnamon, apples, oats & all flavors associated with fall. So this time of year is their favorite because we are making everything we can with all those fabulous flavors.
Apple Pie Mug Cake
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Since today the theme is apples, I thought I would pair a favorite cinnamon mug cake with apple pie for a delicious dessert that’s ready in just 3 minutes or less. That’s right- this cake is made in the microwave in just 2-3 minutes. The family is obsessed! Just look at all that cinnamon & sugar on there, oh my goodness.
Now you can definitely make these with my homemade apple pie filling or you can use the store brand of your choice. Either way- it’s like all the great flavors of fall come together in a nice little, portable dessert. This recipe works best with plain 14oz tall side mugs. I like them because they are inexpensive & it’s the perfect serving size too.
Apple Pie Mug Cake
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup milk, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted & cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup apple pie filling
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon
- Add in milk, butter, and vanilla, whisking well in between each addition
- Using 14-oz (or larger) microwave-safe mugs (straight sides works best), add several spoonfuls of batter to each mug
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar & add a scoop of apple pie filling
- Alternate layers, ending with cinnamon sugar.
- Microwave on high 1.5 - 2 minutes for a single mug or 2-3 minutes for both mugs together
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
- *Serving suggestion- top with a large helping of whipped cream
This is a must-make dessert recipe for all you apple & cinnamon lovers out there!
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more of our favorite apple & cinnamon recipes?
Be sure to check out all these apple recipes too!
Apple Pecan Bread Pudding from Bread Booze Bacon
Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies from I Heart Eating
Apple Pie Mug Cake from Kleinworth & Co.
Apple Cider Doughnuts from Cooking with Curls
Apple Pecan Stuffing from Home.Made.Interest.
Hard Apple Cider Sangria from Sugar & Soul
Salted Caramel Apples from The Creative Bite
Applesauce & Yogurt Parfaits from Celebrating Sweets
Apple Pie French Toast for One from Frugal Foodie Mama
Apple Pie Braid from Liz on Call
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE