Simplify your dinner with this Oven Fried Chicken that comes out crispy & delicious in about an hour. Less mess & clean up, the best baked chicken recipe. Ever!
Oven Fried Chicken
My mom was a baker. She did a great job making sweets. But that is where it really ended for her in the kitchen. She didn’t really cook much that I can remember & so when I got out on my own I lived on things like toast & hamburger helper. Easy stuff. So when I met the hubs we ate a lot of what he calls bachelor food. But I knew we couldn’t live on that forever. So I started learning the basics & one of the first things I perfected was fried chicken. I make it in a handful of different ways – all equally as good as the next. But the one that I make the most – this Oven Fried Chicken.
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
It’s so simple to make. I like to coat my chicken using a zip top bag. Just toss in there with my favorite flour– close & shake. It keeps the mess to a minimum & it does a great job. I have been making this recipe for 20 years & I can tell you that each & every time we marvel at not only how easy it is to make but just how tasty it is after a long day. Oh & did I mention that it takes less than 10 minutes to prep & a little over an hour to cook. That’s it! I told you it was easy!
- 1 package (usually about 8 pieces) chicken thighs with skin
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Sprinkle of salt, pepper, smoked paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray & set aside.
- Combine chicken & flour in a large gallon size zip top bag- seal & shake well until chicken is coated in flour
- Remove each piece of chicken from the bag & place skin down in prepared baking dish
- Sprinkle with seasonings & bake 30-35 minutes
- Remove & turn each piece of chicken over to skin side up- sprinkle with more seasonings
- Bake an additional 30-35 minutes
- Remove from oven & transfer chicken to a plate lined with paper towels
- Sprinkle with additional salt
This is a really easy dinner that I know your family will love!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas?
Garlic Butter Filet Mignon – it’s so easy, you won’t believe it!
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
Join the newsletter
Subscribe & save 10% off pre-sale of our new book- COMING SOON! Plus weekly recipes & projects & of course special DEALS only for subscribers!