Oreo New York Cheesecake is the easiest recipe for cheesecake you’ll find. Thick, dense & loaded with Oreo cookies, this perfect New York cheesecake is so simple, it’s positively fool-proof!
Who loves cheesecake? Cheesecake is a favorite in our house & one of the most requested recipes out of everything I make. Why wouldn’t it be? I mean, there is something to be said about a nice thick slice of cheesecake that satisfies every sweet-tooth craving one could possibly have. Most people head out to a restaurant for just one slice. But you know the markup on desserts when you dine out is like 35%? My friends, I’m here to tell you that you CAN make this AMAZING Oreo New York Cheesecake at home & it is SO MUCH BETTER than anything you can buy.
New York Cheesecake Recipe
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Honestly, I’m not kidding. I know people tend to get intimidated by a recipe like this. But I’m here to break it all down for you so you can have all this deliciousness any time you want. For years I would make different cheesecake recipes & they would crack or were just so complicated that it wasn’t worth the effort. But I have worked years to simplify the process so it is quick & easy. I promise, it turns out perfect every single time. It is AH-MAZ-ING!
Oreo New York Cheesecake
Now- you don’t have to make this with Oreo cookies. I just happened to be making an Oreo cookie crust with this New York Cheesecake, so I decided it would be pretty awesome if I crumbled up some of those cookies & added them to the cake itself. I’m so very glad I did. But you can also leave out the Oreos & just add some chocolate sauce or fresh fruit too. It all would be delicious.
What are you waiting for? This will be the best cheesecake you’ll ever eat!
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
Looking for more over the top dessert recipes?
Oreo New York Cheesecake
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 4 pkgs cream cheese (8 oz each ) room temperature
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream room temperature
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) butter room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 12 Oreo cookies crumbled
- 10 Oreo Cookies crumbled
- Chocolate sauce
- Using a food processor or blender, grind cookies into fine crumbs
- Stir in melted butter, pulse until crumbs are moist
- Press the mixture into the bottom of 10" springform pan.
- Place in freezer to set until you are ready to add in your filling
- Wrap 2 layers of foil around the outside of a 10" springform pan making sure to cover the bottom and sides.
- If you aren't using a non-stick pan, spray pan liberally with cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- Use an electric mixer with paddle attachment, combine cream cheese & butter & beat until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time until blended.
- Beat in sour cream
- Add sugar & cornstarch & beat until very smooth
- Fold in crushed Oreo cookies
- Pour into prepared chilled pan
- Top with crushed cookies
- Place in a large roasting pan
- Place pan in preheated oven & carefully pour boiling water into roasting pan to fill halfway up sides of cheesecake pan.
- Bake 2 - 2.5 hours, or until cake is lightly browned on top. I baked 2 hours & then turned on my convection for another 12 minutes.
- Remove from water bath & foil & cool at room temperature
- Cover & refrigerate overnight
- When ready to serve, drizzle with chocolate sauce