WOW – it sure has been a while since I talked Easy Family Dinner Ideas. Today I thought I would share with you one of our favorite Easy Family Dinner Ideas these Crock Pot Chicken Tacos. This is a “go-to” recipe for us because not only is it easy – but it’s so delicious that rarely do we have much for leftovers. I can take 10 minutes late in the morning & toss all the ingredients in the crock pot & just let it go. I usually have the second cooker going a bit earlier in the morning to make the refried beans & the house smells like our favorite restaurant with in just a couple hours. Mmmmmmmm – soooooo goooood. I wish I could have you all over to share. It’s an easy chicken recipe that answers the question, what’s for dinner?
We used to always make this when my mom would come stay for a visit. It was on her special request list every time.
Now the recipe calls for 6-8 pieces of chicken. My kids eat a TON! So there usually isn’t a whole lot left over. But when I make a double batch we LOVE to use it to make Easy Enchiladas. I have a few more recipes that it works great in – but I have not shared them here yet so I don’t have links for you. So I suppose I need to get on that & get busy sharing all the yumminess.
Crock Pot Chicken Tacos : Easy Family Dinner Ideas
- *Cooking the Chicken
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1- 12 ounce beer of your choosing
- 1 apple- cut into 4 pieces & the seeds removed
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced onions
- salt/pepper to taste
- *Taco pairings - tortillas re-fried beans, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, lettuce - anything you like to add to your tacos
- Combine chicken, beer, apple, onions, garlic & seasonings to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for a minimum of 5-6 hours - stirring & turning every few hours
- *Note- all slow cookers cook differently - watch your time as you get closer to that 6 hour mark. It may cook faster.
- You will know it's done when it falls apart when pierced with a fork
- Remove & shred in large bowl
- Add to your tacos with your favorite taco ingredients.
Looking for more great Easy Family Dinner Ideas like this?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE