Perfect Oven Cooked Bacon is absolutely foolproof & clean up is a breeze. This is by far the easiest way to cook bacon. Delicious & simple perfection!
So remember a couple days ago I announced that I was joining an AWESOME group of bloggers to bring you BACON MONTH? Well today I’m kicking it all off with the absolute easiest way to cook bacon perfectly every single time. In the oven.
We have been preparing our bacon this way for so many years. I can’t imagine ever going back to cooking it in the skillet. Using this method we can prep it on the baking sheet, pop it in the oven & it does it’s thing while we have our hands full with pancakes, eggs, mac & cheese or whatever else we are planning on enjoying with our scrumptious bacon. Serioulsy – it’s just so incredibly simple. When it’s done we transfer it to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Then after the grease cools I put a little in a container in the fridge for future recipes. Then the rest is balled up in the foil – simple & easy clean up. Lickity split!
You really can’t go wrong with this method. Which is why I decided to start here with sharing this before jumping in to all the DELICIOUS recipes I have planned for you during bacon month. Because before I create each & every one of those – I’m doing this one first. You will love how it takes the stress out of bacon prep.
Perfect Oven Cooked Bacon
- 1 pack bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line baking sheet with heavy duty foil
- Lay out your strips of bacon - try not to overlap (it's okay to let them curl up a bit- they don't have to be completely flat)
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until it reaches desired crispness
- I like mine crisp but not burnt so if I'm using thin bacon (great for crumbling) it's about 25 minutes - for the thick stuff I might let it go up to 35 minutes depending on what I'm using it for.
- **Quick clean up tip in the cooler months - stick the pan full of grease outside for a couple minutes. The cold air will solidify the grease quickly so you can easily remove the foil without dribbles.
Be sure to check out all the INCREDIBLE recipes being shared today for bacon month!
Looking for more recipes with bacon?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE