Who doesn’t love some delicious bacon in the morning… or really any time of day? This twisted bacon is the best way to impress guests at a brunch or breakfast gathering.
This became a viral TikTok recipe for a reason — you can easily turn simple slices of bacon into works of art with this twisted shape. It’s the perfect way to serve bacon to a crowd in an upscale way, or just create some chatter at the breakfast table.
The next time you’re getting ready to fry up some pieces of bacon, try this recipe. It’s an easy way to turn everyone’s favorite breakfast food into something even more exciting to look forward to on the table in the morning.
Common Questions about Twisted Bacon
How do you hack bacon?
A few splashes of water will help keep the temperature just right while making sure the fat renders and the meat gets perfectly crispy.
What is the healthiest bacon to eat?
Some would say that nitrate-free or uncured bacon is the healthiest version of bacon to consume.
You can definitely store leftover bacon — if you have any!
Refrigerator: Store cooked bacon in an airtight container or ziploc bag for up to 1 week. You can also wrap it in aluminum foil.
Freezing: While you can store cooked bacon, it may not retain its texture when reheated. If you choose to store it in the freezer, keep it in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
This is such an easy recipe but there are a few tips to make sure you get the best results.
- Thick cut bacon works beautifully for this recipe since it will spiral well.
- If you prefer chewy bacon, air fry it for less time.
- Save any excess grease from the bacon for making eggs or other savory breakfast treats.
All you need is bacon and a few seasonings to make this viral version of bacon.
- Thick-cut bacon strips
- Brown sugar
- Cayenne pepper
Kitchen Supplies You’ll Need
You don’t need a lot to make this air fryer bacon.
- Baking Sheet (2 if using spicy and sweet seasonings)
- Tongs or fork
- Air fryer
How to Make Twisted Bacon
The most important thing when making this bacon is to make sure to separate the sweet from the savory versions.
- Using your hands, twist bacon until it’s spiraled. Then, lay it on a plate, stretched out so that the seasoning can also reach the inside of the twist.
- Sprinkle seasoning over the bacon.
- Place bacon slices in the air fryer basket and cook at the recommended temperature.
- When the bacon reaches the desired level of crispiness, remove it and place it on a plate lined with a paper towel. You can also place them on a baking rack over a parchment paper lined baking sheet to soak up the bacon grease.
- Allow the crispy bacon twists to cool briefly before serving.
What to Serve With Twisted Bacon
You can do so many fun things with this twisted bacon.
- Garnish – Use this as a garnish for a bloody Mary or even a sweet dessert.
- Eggs – Bacon is a natural pairing with a side of eggs so serve it alongside a morning omelet or other egg preparation.
- Toothpick replacement – Use this twisted version of bacon to replace the toothpick in a burger or sandwich.
- Sandwiches – Add this to a sandwich for a quirky twist on a typical slice of bacon.
Why You Should Make Twisted Bacon
It’s such an eye-catcher you might not want to stop making it!
- Fun – This is a fun way to add whimsy to a brunch gathering or tea party.
- Easy – It’s so simple to just twist the bacon, season, and air fry it.
- Show-stopper – Nearly everyone loves bacon so you know this will be a crowd-pleaser — but twisted bacon is going to get everyone’s attention.
Variations and Add-ins
You can add your own twists to this twisted bacon.
- Spice – Add any kind of spices you like for a spicy kick. Try black pepper, garlic powder, Old Bay, onion powder, or any other flavors you love.
- Sweets – Instead of brown sugar try maple syrup, coconut sugar, or your favorite.
- Meats – Use any kind of bacon. Turkey bacon is a great option.
- Cooking method – You can also make this in your toaster oven or conventional oven on a rimmed baking sheet.
If you love this easy Twisted Bacon recipe, you’re going to love these other breakfast ideas to pair with it too. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
Other Drool-worthy Bacon Recipes
Instant Pot Bacon Mac and Cheese
If you love this recipe – You might also love my air frying cookbook too!
The Essential Air Fryer Cookbook for Two also makes everything fast and easy. Most recipes take 30 minutes or less and they’re designed with simple prep and minimal clean-up in mind. Nutritional information, serving size descriptions, and recipes for vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free are also included. There’s so much to savor.
The Essential Air Fryer Cookbook for Two
Perfectly Portioned Recipes for Healthier Fried Favorites
If you love this recipe for Twisted Bacon as much as I do, please write a five-star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH TASTE OF THE FRONTIER!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 lb bacon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Divide the bacon slices into however many you want per flavor. I did half brown sugar, 1/4 pepper, and 1/4 cayenne pepper
- Twist each bacon strip and lay them stretched on a pan or plate.
- Sprinkle the bacon with the desired seasoning. You’ll want to keep the sweet separate from the spicy. I cooked the brown sugar bacon separately from the other two.
- Place the bacon twists into your air fryer basket and cook at 400° for 10 minutes. Longer if crispier is desired.
- Let rest for 3 minutes to cool before serving.
- Air Fryer
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Share Your Thoughts