Welcome to Day 5 of my 7 Days of Memory Making ~ Holiday Recipe Series
I am taking a MUCH NEEDED break from my usual blogging routine this week in preparation for prepare for our long distance move. But don’t worry, this blog will not be abandoned. I have teamed up with the FABULOUS Danelle from Let’s Dish Recipes to bring you some really great recipes this week.
You know- we have a lot of candy in the house. Sometimes I really just want something that incorporates the candy without sitting there opening each & every one to get my sugar fix. I love sweets- no secret there. So these Snickers cake mix bars really fit the bill here. They take care of my craving for cake & chewy cookies but have the ease of not having to frost either one since the Snickers are in there. My kids are already begging me to make some more. I’m sure these Snickers Cake Mix bars will be on the permanent short list of must makes in this house for a long time.
Snickers Cake Mix Bars
- 1 box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 6 oz Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup Butter- melted
- 15 Snickers Fun Size Candy Bars cut into 6 small pieces each
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray
- Beat cake mix, evaporated milk & butter in electric mixer until combined- will be more sticky & dough like.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place 3/4 of the batter in the pan- pressing out to a thin layer to cover the bottom.
- Bake 8 minutes - just enough for it to start to firm up
- Remove from oven & drop Snickers pieces evenly scattered over whole pan. Press into dough slightly
- Drop remaining batter over the top- scattered. No need to smooth out.
- Return to oven & bake additional 20 minutes
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack before serving