Today I wanted to share with you a super simple Halloween treat that everyone goes crazy for.
I had originally shared this over at Reasons to Skip the Housework but I wanted to be sure to share here too in case you missed it.
I adapted this from my White Chocolate M&M Popcorn I made back in July. The family has been begging me to make it again with the festive fall candies but I wanted something a little different. I used the super fun Halloween Oreo’s instead. I love the pop of the dark cookie against the orange filling with the popcorn. The kids love it & it’s so YUMMY!
Oh my goodness- I could eat the whole batch in one sitting.
Halloween Oreo Cookie Butter Popcorn
- 1 bag microvave popcorn popped - 3-3.5 ounce bag
- 1-2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 12 Halloween Oreos - roughly chopped
- Pop your popcorn & pour into large bowl- set aside
- In double boiler- combine white chocolate chips, cookie butter & shortening
- Heat & stir until completely melted, combined & liquefied.
- Remove from heat & carefully pour over popcorn - toss quickly to coat & combine
- Add in Oreos- continue to toss to coat & incorporate.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for 24-48 hours.