I don’t know about you- but when it’s summer, we always have fresh watermelon in the house. It’s one of those things that is bought weekly & the family just can’t get enough of. Every so often we are also given one or two from various people & then I end up with way more than we can reasonably eat. So I start making it into things that I can freeze – like these Sour Watermelon Pops. Since we probably only have about a month left of Popsicle weather – I am enjoying them while I can.
I just love the flavor combo of watermelon & lime.
Do you love watermelon during the summer? It seems like it’s one of those things that always conjures up fond summer memories.
You know you need a cool down right now- go make some!
Watermelon Lime Sorbet Pops
- 1 C water
- 1 C sugar
- 1 qt watermelon- cubed
- 1/4 C lime juice
- Combine water & sugar in small saucepan & heat until boiling & sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat & allow to cool completely.
- Combine watermelon & lime juice in blender & puree until smooth.
- Pour & press through strainer to remove any pieces that did not fully incorporate.
- Pour sugar mixture in & stir. Transfer to Popsicle molds.
- Freeze at least 4-6 hours before enjoying.
Want more pop recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE