Cake Batter recipes are all the rage – have you noticed? Really, I’m not surprised – making everything taste like cake- what’s not to like?! I’m all over it. Every single time we go out for a treat I will choose the cake batter flavor if it’s available. So one day I was thinking I really wanted to make homemade gelato – but I didn’t want to make just a standard vanilla or chocolate. Then the lightbulb went on & Cake Batter Gelato was born. You’re welcome!!!
Oh my word – the flavor of cake batter – in my house. Too good! This will be great for all our upcoming summer gatherings & sharing with all our new neighbors soon. I used International Delight Cold Stone Sweet Cream in this recipe. Don’t you just love the new packaging?
I have to say- I’m a little obsessed. I REALLY LOVE this recipe.
I decided that I wasn’t going to mix the jimmies in because I didn’t want to change the color of the gelato. Since they are not needed for flavor – it’s nice to just sprinkle on top to make it more visually exciting.
I would like to say that I may never make another flavor of gelato again – but you never know where my imagination will go next. But for now- I’m really truly enjoying this gelato flavor.
Cake Batter Gelato
- 1 cup white cake mix powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup International Delight Cold Stone Sweet Cream Creamer
- 2 eggs - slightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half & half
- 1 tsp cake batter flavoring
- colorful jimmies for topping
- In medium saucepan- combine cake mix & sugar - stir to combine
- Slowly add milk & creamer- whisk into a paste
- Add eggs - whisk to combine.
- Place over medium heat & stir until the mixture starts to steam (8-10 minutes)
- (stir constantly so it doesn't burn)
- Once it starts to steam- remove from heat - slowly add half & half
- Transfer to metal pan ( I like to use a bread loaf pan) cover with foil & cool in refrigerator about 1 hour
- Once cool stir in cake batter flavor- recover & place in freezer to firm
- (overnight works best) Enjoy!
- You can use an ice cream maker for this if you like after it's chilled - churn about 20 minutes.
Be sure to look for the new International Delight Logo when picking up your own favorite flavors!
I would love it if you would connect with International Delight!! It’s easy!
Join the International delight Community at internationaldelight.com
Want more frozen treat ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.