Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are soft and chewy crinkle cookies packed full of white chocolate chips. A perfect holiday cookie for the red velvet lover.
Do you love red velvet? Maybe have some red velvet lovers on your holiday gift list? Then you absolutely have to make these super delicious Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies.
I decided that loading these full of white chocolate chips would be a fabulous idea. Boy was I right. They really added the perfect little pops of added sweetness to these cookies.
Red Velvet Cookie Recipes
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I love how complicated they look but how easy they really are to make. Crinkle cookies have been a long time favorite and then adding the red velvet obsession just makes them perfect for the holiday season.
Here are some commonly asked questions
Can I leave out the white chocolate chips?
Yes, of course. They aren’t necessary. You could however replace them with mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. That would make these not only just as delicious but super pretty too with those little pops of chocolate in there.
What food color do you recommend?
I really love using a soft gel food color because the pigment is more intense and makes the dough less watery. Try this one from Americolor.
HOW DO YOU MAKE Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whip butter and sugar together.
- Mix in eggs.
- Add buttermilk, vanilla and red food color.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough.
- Preheat oven.
- Roll dough into balls and then roll in confectioners sugar to coat.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Crinkle Cookies Recipe
To make this recipe you will need…
- Super Red Food Color
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- baking soda
- table salt
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- white chocolate chips
- confectioners sugar
You can’t go wrong with these soft & chewy red velvet crinkle cookies!
More Great Red Velvet Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Mini Loaves
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Red Velvet Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Cookie Dough
- Frostbitten Red Velvet Brownie Bites
- Red Velvet Bundt Cake
- Valentine Red Velvet Brownies
- Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Red Velvet Fudge
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies with Chocolate Chips
Looking for more great holiday cookies?
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1-1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp buttermilk
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tsp Super Red Food Color
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip softened butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Mix in eggs.
- Add buttermilk, vanilla, and red food color.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill dough at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll chilled dough between hands into 1-1/2" balls and then roll in confectioners sugar to coat.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 13-14 minutes.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.