Alrighty my friends! Just 1 month until Valentine’s Day. Can you believe it? I’m ready for all things pink & red so I’m kicking off my Valentine ideas with these great Valentine Oreo Truffles. I love making Oreo truffles because they are so simple. With just a few ingredients that I almost always have on hand & I can have these ready for the hubs in no time. He definitely loves Oreo truffles over any other truffle recipe I have created. Works for me- because it’s the easiest of them all.
I love the heart shaped Valentine sprinkles. They are just too adorable!
You could use regular double stuffed Oreo’s for this & I suppose there wouldn’t be that much of a difference. However I LOVE to pick up a variety of Oreo flavors when I can. I bought these chocolate ones just because we had not bought them in a while. Turns out they were the perfect inspiration for these truffles.
Valentine Oreo Truffles
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese
- 1 pkg chocolate center Oreos
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Valentine heart sprinkles
- Place entire package of Oreos in food processor & pulse until you have medium-fine crumbs
- Place cookie crumbs into mixer bowl
- Add cream cheese & beat until fully combined
- Take tablespoon size portions & roll into balls & place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Freeze a minimum of 2 hours but preferably overnight
- Once truffles are frozen place milk chocolate chips in double boiler & melt over medium heat
- Take truffles one by one & coat with melted chocolate & return to baking sheet
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the same manner & place in piping bag
- Pipe design over truffles & sprinkled with decorations before chocolate hardens
- Keep refrigerated - store in airtight container
Looking for more great Valentine ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE