Alrighty my friends! Just 1 month until Valentine’s Day. Can you believe it? I’m ready for all things pink & red so I’m kicking off my Valentine ideas with these great Valentine Oreo Truffles. I love making Oreo truffles because they are so simple. With just a few ingredients that I almost always have on hand & I can have these ready for the hubs in no time. He definitely loves Oreo truffles over any other truffle recipe I have created. Works for me- because it’s the easiest of them all.
I love the heart shaped Valentine sprinkles. They are just too adorable!
You could use regular double stuffed Oreo’s for this & I suppose there wouldn’t be that much of a difference. However I LOVE to pick up a variety of Oreo flavors when I can. I bought these chocolate ones just because we had not bought them in a while. Turns out they were the perfect inspiration for these truffles.
Valentine Oreo Truffles
- 8 oz cream cheese *if using double stuffed Oreos - reduce to 4 ounces.
- 36 Oreo cookies regular or double-stuffed
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Valentine heart sprinkles
- Place the Oreos in the food processor & pulse until you have medium-fine crumbs.
- Add the cream cheese & pulse until fully combined.
- Take tablespoon size portions & roll into balls & place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Freeze a minimum of 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- Once the truffles are frozen, place the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler & melt over medium heat. Or you can microwave for 1-2 minutes at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Take the truffles one by one & dip into the melted chocolate to coat & then return them to the baking sheet.
- Melt the white chocolate the same way you did the coating chocolate.
- Pipe the design over truffles & sprinkled with decorations before chocolate hardens.
- Immediately add a pinch of jimmies on top before the chocolate hardens.
- Keep refrigerated - store in airtight container.
Looking for more great Valentine ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE