Are you ready for some truffles?? I can’t seem to make enough truffles to make everyone happy around here. Seems no sooner do I get them photographed – everyone is begging for more. That’s where these Rainbow Mint Oreo Truffles come in.
So we have been buying the mint Oreo’s for months now. I have been meaning to make this recipe for a long time- minus the rainbow sprinkles. But then people keep eating said Oreo’s & back to the store I go. So now that we are close enough to St’ Patrick’s Day
Mint Truffles Recipe
I figured it would be great to use those Oreo’s to make these Rainbow Mint Oreo Truffles. Rainbows are just so happy – then you add the flavor of mint & chocolate – you just can’t help but smile.
Bring these to your St. Patrick’s Day party – how fun!!
Mint & chocolate – it’s a wonderful combo. I love this time of year because it gives me an excuse to pair them more frequently.
What other truffle recipes do you suggest?
- Oreo Balls/ Oreo Truffles
- Rainbow Truffles Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles
- Pumpkin Spice Truffles
- Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Dark Chocolate Pistachio Truffles
- 4th of July Truffles
- Easy Chocolate Truffles
- Valentine Oreo Truffles
- Rainbow Mint Oreo Truffles
- Halloween Oreo Balls
- Chocolate Truffles with Holiday Sprinkles
- Holiday Nutella Bites
- Peppermint Oreo Balls
Rainbow Mint Oreo Truffles : St. Patrick’s Day
- 8 oz cream cheese *if using double-stuffed cookies, reduce to 4 ounces.
- 36 Mint Oreos either regular or double stuffed
- 1 tsp spearmint flavoring/extract
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 12 ounces of candy melts
- Rainbow jimmies sprinkles
- Place the Oreos in the food processor & pulse until you have medium-fine crumbs.
- Add the cream cheese & mint flavoring & pulse until fully combined.
- Take tablespoon size portions & roll into balls & place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Freeze a minimum of 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- Once the truffles are frozen, place the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler & melt over medium heat. Or you can microwave for 1-2 minutes at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Take the truffles one by one & dip into the melted chocolate to coat & then return them to the baking sheet.
- Immediately add a pinch of jimmies on top before the chocolate hardens.
- Keep refrigerated - store in an airtight container.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Looking for more great St. Patrick’s Day Ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE