Welcome to Day 3 of my 7 Days of Memory Making ~ Holiday Recipe Series
I am taking a MUCH NEEDED break from my usual blogging routine this week in preparation for prepare for our long distance move. But don’t worry, this blog will not be abandoned.I have teamed up with the FABULOUS Danelle from Let’s Dish Recipes to bring you some really great recipes this week.
- 20 ounces Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate 20 total squares (1 ounce each)- divided
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Decorations like sprinkles nuts or crushed up candy canes
- Melt 8 of the chocolate squares in a double boiler. Let cool to almost room temperature but still in a liquid state.
- In a mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy.
- Blend in the melted chocolate. and then refrigerate until firm.
- Shape into balls, scooping with a melon baller works well. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a double boiler.
- Dip truffles in the melted chocolate to coat.
- Return to the baking sheet & sprinkle with decorations or immediately dip & roll into your decorations.
- Refrigerate on the lined baking sheet for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.