Welcome to Day 4 of my 7 Days of Memory Making ~ Holiday Recipe Series
While I am taking a MUCH NEEDED break from my usual blogging routine this week in preparation for prepare for our long distance move. I have teamed up with the FABULOUS Danelle from Let’s Dish Recipes to bring you some really great recipes this week.
The holidays are just not the holidays without Sugar Cookies. Yes I do make the regular kind that you roll out, cut into shapes & then frost. I swear- I do that…..sometimes. But when the hubs asks for Sugar Cookies & I just don’t feel like that kind of mess- I go this route. This recipe is easy, quick & you just roll them in a ball like you would Snickerdoodles. The frosting is quick & everyone is happy. You can make these as easy or as complicated as you have time for & that is what I love about them. PLUS they are chewy. They never last long. Hubs likes to have some with his morning coffee & then I find him grabbing a few more throughout the day.
- 3 1/2 cups Sifted All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 sticks 1 cup Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Sugar to coat
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar or more to get a thicker consistency
- 1 1/2 tbsp Water
- 3-4 drops Food Coloring
- Colored Sprinkles Sanding Sugar- optional
- In a bowl, stir together flour & baking powder. Set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat together butter & sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs & vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture, a third at a time to make stiff dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Scoop a ball of dough, roll into a ball & roll in sugar to coat.
- Bake on non-stick cookie sheet for 8 minutes
- Cool completely on pan before transferring to a wire rack
- In a small bowl, mix sugar & water to form a thick, smooth icing. Adding more sugar as needed.
- Stir in food coloring to desired shade.
- Transfer to piping bag & decorate as desired.
- Let dry completely before stacking
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.