Valentine Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy, deliciously buttery cookie recipe loaded with M&M’s. Great for giving to your sweetie this Valentine’s Day.
Do you ever create a little something that you just CAN’T WAIT to share? It actually happens to me quite often. The other day I made these Valentine Chocolate Chip Cookies that are just to die for!!!
I have been playing with my chocolate chip cookie recipes for a while trying to create the “perfect” cookie. The first round I made of these particular Valentine’s cookies took nearly all my Valentine M&M’s & they didn’t turn out photo-worthy.
They tasted great – but they weren’t the whole package if you know what I mean. The perfect cookie to me has to have it all.
Chewy, soft with a little crisp on the edges, perfectly golden & just the right amount of puff without being cakey.
This batch is 100% all of those things. I think I have finally created “THE” recipe & I’m so thrilled to share it with you all.
These are INCREDIBLE! All the things I listed above & then the cute little Valentine colors – swoon.
They keep well- like 2 days later they were still soft. I can’t tell you beyond that because they didn’t last that long.
To make this recipe you will need…
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour scooped lightly
- instant vanilla pudding – not cook & serve
- baking soda
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- Valentine M&M’s
I mean, I’m pretty picky about cookies. I like them fresh – like still hot fresh.
Then through that evening I may have a couple more. Beyond that- I rarely indulge because the freshness is gone.
Other Dreamy Desserts for Valentine’s Day
I like that crunch of the M&M when it’s still melty inside. Once it firms up – it’s not as enjoyable for me.
These were so good – I didn’t even notice that the M&M’s chocolate had hardened inside.
HOW DO YOU MAKE Valentine’s Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- In a mixer bowl – beat butter, margarine, sugar & brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Add egg & vanilla – beat well.
- Add in flour, pudding mix, baking soda & salt – slowly stir first & then beat until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Slowly stir in chocolate & white chocolate chips.
- Fold in 1/2 the M&M’s.
- Remove the beater, cover & refrigerate overnight (extremely important that you do this).
- The next day preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into balls – it will be firm & you will need to press it all together.
- Place the dough balls on a baking sheet & bake cookies for 9-12 minutes (mine were perfect at 11).
- Remove & immediately top each cookie with a few extra chocolate chips, white chocolate chips & M&M’s before they cool.
- Leave cookies on baking sheet to cool.
- Repeat this process with the remaining cookies.
- I used 3-3/4 baking sheets for all these cookies.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature
I had a hard time walking away from the bowl.
That was when I knew this could be THE ONE recipe that I abandoned all others for.