Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Sliders, is another slow cooker easy family dinner idea to make a great evening meal. Full of sweet & spicy flavor, they’re delish!
Last fall my friend Samantha, who writes Five Heart Home, told me she had been asked to write a cookbook. That was very exciting news & I quickly jumped on board to help her with whatever she needed. I felt so bad for her, she had 90 days to write 80 slow cooker recipes.
That’s nearly a recipe a day & all that writing & photos & processing & formatting. Holy cow. She had a lot happening, especially when you consider that regular recipes can be made in batches, knocking out several in a day if need be. But slow cooker recipes, well, those take all day.
So she had a bunch of us help her with recipe testing. I must have tested nearly 20 & I have to tell you- they all ROCKED! Not that I was surprised, Samantha has always made some pretty incredible recipes. I knew this book was going to be a huge hit!
Chipotle Chicken Sliders
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I absolutely love the sweet & spicy kick. Samantha didn’t originally have bacon included- but the hubs, well, he puts bacon on just about everything. So he added it here.
I have to say, after we did the testing the first time around- we loved this sandwich. But then this time adding the bacon- it was super good too. You can’t go wrong either way!
Here are some of the great recipes you’ll find in the book!
COMFORTING MAIN DISHES
~Mexican Pot Roast with Borracho Beans
~Bacon-Wrapped Peach Jalapeño Pork Loin
~Cheesy Spinach Lasagna
~King Ranch Chicken Soup
~Thai Shrimp Soup with Rice Noodles
~Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
STEWS, CHILIS, & CHOWDERS
~Beefy Three-Bean Chili
~Pork & Hominy Stew
~Chicken & Dumplings
SANDWICHES, TACOS, & WRAPS
~Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Sliders
~Mini Pulled Pork Pizzas
~French Dip Tacos with Caramelized Onions & Bleu Cheese
HOLIDAY HELPERS (holiday main dishes to make in the slow cooker so that your oven is freed up for other recipes)
~Cran-Cherry Glazed Ham
~Herbed Turkey Breast
~Citrus-Glazed Cornish Hens
Bonus Chapter: HOMEMADE SEASONINGS & STOCKS
!! You can check out more about the book by watching Samantha on QVC!!
Other Spicy Dishes
Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Sliders
Other Must-Make Slider Recipes
Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Sliders
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 16 ounces raspberry jam or preserves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons adobo sauce from a can of "Chipotles in Adobo"
- 1 large jalapeño minced (with seeds and membranes)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Honey as needed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces Brie sliced (or other salty white cheese)
- 12 Slider buns
- 1 lb bacon- cooked optional
- Place chicken in the bottom of a large (6- to 7-quart) slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix together raspberry jam, adobo sauce, minced jalapeño, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender, but not dry.
- Remove chicken to a plate and use two forks to pull it into chunks/shred.
- Pour raspberry sauce from slow cooker into a medium pot and add chicken back to slow cooker.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Set pot of raspberry sauce over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Whisk in cornstarch slurry and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour desired amount of sauce over shredded chicken; stir to combine (leftover sauce can be drizzled on sandwiches or used as a dipping sauce).
- Serve chicken on slider buns topped with slices of Brie & optional bacon
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
You definitely don’t want to miss this book. It’s phenomenal!
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas?
Click the image below to check out some of the other recipes people are trying from this book!