Something you might not know about me – I’m a little bit Irish – so I love St. Patrick’s Day 🙂 It’s fun! Soooo I had to take some of the minty M&M’s I had in the cabinet & make one of my most favorite quick snacks. Minty Shamrock M&M Popcorn is so easy to make & my kids went nuts for it with that hint of mint. Gotta love M&M’s for keeping every holiday fun with all their different flavors & varieties.
A little popcorn, a little mint M&M & then the white chocolate. YUM!
It goes together so quickly – & gone almost just as fast.
Minty Shamrock M&M Popcorn
- 1 regular size bag microwave popcorn-popped
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 tbsp shortening
- 1-1/2 cups Mint M&M's
- 1/2 cup green milk chocolate M&M's
- Prepare popcorn-pour in large bowl-set aside
- In glass bowl add white chocolate chips & shortening.
- Nest bowl in a pan filled half way with water & heat over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until chocolate is in a very liquid state & smooth. Do not over heat.
- Remove from heat- pour immediately over popcorn.
- Stir in until it's coated & well combined.
- Pour in M&M's & mix in. (Best to do this in small batches- you want some of the M&M's to get melted a bit from the heat of the white chocolate. Then you want to add more as it cools otherwise they will sink to the bottom.)
Want more popcorn?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]