My family is so excited! It’s now EGGNOG season & they are already begging me to make all sorts of eggnog goodness. Do you love eggnog?? I love that smell of eggnog, especially when I can add it to other recipes to make them extra special. It just SCREAMS holiday time. I love to make it in all sorts of things – starting with breakfast items. First recipe on the list from the kids – Eggnog Pancakes. Absolutely DELISH!
These have been put on the Christmas morning breakfast wishlist. They couldn’t get enough. Fortunately this recipe makes about 24 medium sized pancakes – so there is definitely enough for the whole family – even a family full of super hungry teens like mine.
There are just certain things that bring back all those wonderful holiday memories – eggnog is definitely one of those things. Now we can also think of these eggnog pancakes when we think of Christmas morning. They whip together in moments – so there is plenty of time for all the other holiday activities. Plus with just one bowl & the griddle – there is little mess too. I love meals that don’t keep me in the kitchen all day long but are still so YUMMY!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 4 large eggs - lightly beaten
- 3-1/2 cups International Delight Eggnog
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg & cinnamon.
- Pour in your slightly beaten eggs & then your oil & eggnog - whisk until most lumps are gone
- Heat your griddle to about 350 degrees
- Once griddle is hot - ladle out your batter into 4 inch rounds
- Cook until golden brown on each side.
- *Cooking note- when batter is bubbly across the top of the uncooked side - it's time to turn over.
- Serve with your favorite syrup.
How about some syrup & topping recipes to go with them?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE