If you love a good Cannoli, then you will love these easy Cannoli Pancakes! Deliciously decadent but easy breakfast idea to bring big smiles!
So the other day I had some Cannoli filling left over from some other recipes I was working on. I started thinking of ways I could use it – I certainly couldn’t let it go to waste. Then it hit me. One thing I do almost as good as dessert is an over the top breakfast idea. Probably because I firmly believe that a breakfast that can rival the best dessert is a great way to start the day. That’s when I decided that the cannoli filling would be fabulous in Cannoli pancakes. I was sooooo right!
Oh boy. The hubs was sure happy that he was home on the day I made these. Usually he’s missing when it comes to deciding who’s going to get to eat some of the things I make. The kids luck out most of the time. But on this day – he & I split this stack of delicious pancakes. I was in heaven. He looked at me & said “it’s a good thing I usually miss recipes like these around here”. That’s probably true – because we would make certain things a lot more frequently if he were able to try them. 🙂 But in this case – these are the perfect easy breakfast recipe to make for the most special of guests & definitely for special occasions or holidays. I can’t wait to make them again.
What special occasion would you make these for?
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp whipped topping
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- *additional confectioners sugar for dusting
- *chocolate syrup for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl
- Whisk until combined
- Heat your griddle to approx 350 degrees
- Ladle batter into rounds & cook until bubbles start to form on the surface - flip
- Cook second side until golden brown
- Remove & create filling
- Whisk ricotta in a large bowl until smooth - or pulse in a food processor to make the process a little faster. It should be creamy - not gritty.
- Add in confectioners sugar & vanilla & whisk until combined
- Fold in whipped topping & chocolate chips
- layer cannoli filling between pancakes & top with a large scoop of filling on top
- Dust with confectioners sugar & drizzle with chocolate syrup
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
How about some more of our favorite easy breakfast ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE