If you love a good Cannoli, then you will love these easy Cannoli Pancakes! Deliciously decadent but easy breakfast idea to bring big smiles!
So the other day I had some Cannoli filling left over from some other recipes I was working on. I started thinking of ways I could use it – I certainly couldn’t let it go to waste. Then it hit me. One thing I do almost as good as dessert is an over the top breakfast idea. Probably because I firmly believe that a breakfast that can rival the best dessert is a great way to start the day. That’s when I decided that the cannoli filling would be fabulous in Cannoli pancakes. I was sooooo right!
Oh boy. The hubs was sure happy that he was home on the day I made these. Usually he’s missing when it comes to deciding who’s going to get to eat some of the things I make. The kids luck out most of the time. But on this day – he & I split this stack of delicious pancakes. I was in heaven. He looked at me & said “it’s a good thing I usually miss recipes like these around here”. That’s probably true – because we would make certain things a lot more frequently if he were able to try them. 🙂 But in this case – these are the perfect easy breakfast recipe to make for the most special of guests & definitely for special occasions or holidays. I can’t wait to make them again.
What special occasion would you make these for?
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp whipped topping
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- *additional confectioners sugar for dusting
- *chocolate syrup for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl
- Whisk until combined
- Heat your griddle to approx 350 degrees
- Ladle batter into rounds & cook until bubbles start to form on the surface - flip
- Cook second side until golden brown
- Remove & create filling
- Whisk ricotta in a large bowl until smooth - or pulse in a food processor to make the process a little faster. It should be creamy - not gritty.
- Add in confectioners sugar & vanilla & whisk until combined
- Fold in whipped topping & chocolate chips
- layer cannoli filling between pancakes & top with a large scoop of filling on top
- Dust with confectioners sugar & drizzle with chocolate syrup
How about some more of our favorite easy breakfast ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE