Hello there all of my wonderful friends!! I am in cookie mode around here. I like to give packages of cookies whenever I can over the holiday season. I think homemade gifts packed full of love are the best kind of gifts. When we first moved to this area 2 years ago, we had several of our neighbors stop by to not only welcome us to the neighborhood – but they came with plates full of holiday goodies that I was so grateful for. We were moving in over Thanksgiving weekend. I was not prepared to be doing holiday baking. So it was really nice to have some holiday cheer delivered with a nice warm welcome. So now I like to be that person delivering my own cheer- in the form of cookies. These Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies are PERFECT for that. They are easy to make, you can spread the batches between multiple recipients & the never seem to last long.
Now- you have to wait over night for the dough. I like to take the butter out while I’m making dinner. Then it’s nice & soft & I can whip up the dough in about 5 minutes after I’m done cleaning up the dinner mess. Then when I get up in the morning it’s ready for me to bake them. I find this is actually easier as long as I plan ahead.
Soft & chewy – oh so yummy!
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter - softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- **Note - this recipe requires you to make the dough the day before
- Take your butter out of the fridge & let sit on the counter at least 1 hour to come to room temperature.
- Once butter is soft - add it to your mixer bowl with sugars & vanilla. Beat until creamy
- Add eggs one at a time - do not over beat
- Add flour, salt & baking soda - beat until combined & creamy
- Fold in chocolate chips & pecans
- Cover bowl & place in refrigerator overnight to chill.
- In the morning- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Scoop tablespoon size scoops of dough & roll into balls & place 2 inches apart on baking sheet
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until they are just golden around the bottoms.
- Allow to cool on sheet 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to continue to cool.
- *Baking note - do not put more uncooked dough on your hot baking sheet coming out of the oven. This changes the way they bake. Keep uncooked dough on room temperature sheet until ready to bake.
How about some more recipes that make FUN gifts?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE