I think I mentioned it before – but I think it’s okay to say it again….It’s cookie season!!! Now is the time when the kitchen never gets a break. I’m in there daily baking up goodies to send off to this person or that person. My mom was like that, always baking a plate full of love to give to someone on her list. I suppose that is where I get it. I love homemade gifts- especially the tasty kind. I came up with this recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Cookies that will surely be a hit with all who receive them.
These are a huge favorite of the hubs. I don’t know if it’s a guy thing or what. But most of my blogger friends say that their spouses love the peanut butter & chocolate combo. I’m a fan too- don’t get me wrong. It IS pretty amazing. But my hubs- it’s his “go-to” flavor combo every single time. I love that this recipe makes approximately 64 cookies – so I can take care of multiple people on my list with one batch of cookies. YAY!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar - packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spread - melted
- 1/2 cup Reese's Spreads
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs - room temperature
- 4 tbsp water
- 2-1/2 cups Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda & salt in medium size bowl- set aside
- Cream sugars, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter & Reese's Spreads
- Add eggs, vanilla & water. Beat well
- Add dry ingredients
- Fold in peanut butter chips
- Make tablespoon sized balls with the dough & place on baking sheet
- Add a couple extra peanut butter chips to the tops
- Bake 7-9 minutes
- Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to completely cool.
- Store in airtight container
- *Makes approx 64 small cookies
Want more cookie recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE