SO with moving day being today – life is NUTS here. We have been packing the truck since yesterday & we will be heading to our new home tonight – making that 1300 mile journey. I’m so excited I can hardly stand it. While I am not looking forward to the 18 hour drive- I am so very much looking forward to getting there & getting back to a regular schedule. Internet shuts off tonight & I won’t be back up & running until at least the 3rd or 4th.
I have to tell you- I was so very honored to be able to be included in this Homemade Holiday Treats linky party. I am hosting with some of my most favorite bloggers on the planet here today. YAHOO!!!!! I started thinking about what on earth I would share here- especially since I just did a recipe series for the holidays. I decided to think outside the box & share with you a Holiday Treat that we try to make each Christmas- Eggnog French Toast. It takes regular french toast to a whole new level AND I swear it’s better than anything I can find while dining out. It’s so GOOD & the perfect way to start Christmas morning.
Eggnog French Toast- Homemade Holiday Treats
- 8 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Eggnog we used low fat
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Loaf Texas Toast we used Wonder Bread
- Syrup fruit, butter & confectioners sugar to top as desired
- Whisk top 4 ingredients together in shallow dish.
- Dredge each piece of Texas Toast in mixture & transfer to griddle heated to 350 degrees
- Cook until both sides are golden brown
- Top with butter while warm.
- The smell of the cinnamon & eggnog while these cook is DIVINE!!!!!
Want more recipes for the Holidays???
Check out my Holiday Recipe Series HERE
Also- don’t forget to pick up my free 12 Days of Christmas- Bucket List HERE