This copycat Crazy Bread recipe is a take on the original from Little Caesars — and it’s as tasty as the real thing.
The best part of this easy copycat recipe is that it’s so easy to make. All you need to do is bake up some store-bought pizza dough, mix butter with garlic salt, and top with parmesan — the next thing you know you have a fluffy breadstick with a delicious buttery garlic topping.
This is one of my favorite recipes — it’s such an easy side dish to go with pasta or any meal that you’d serve with bread. It’s also a fantastic appetizer to go along with your other favorite snacks.
If this is your first time making breadsticks, this is the recipe for you! Easy and speedy, this recipe results in buttery, restaurant-quality breadsticks you’ll fall in love with.
crazy bread recipe
Common Questions about Crazy Bread
What is Little Caesars Crazy Bread made of?
Little Caesars uses dough made in-house, topped with garlic, butter, and parmesan, to make its popular crazy bread.
What does Crazy Bread taste like?
Crazy bread is soft with a buttery, garlicky topping. It’s slightly salty, as well.
Where did Crazy Bread come from?
Crazy Bread came from the pizza chain Little Caesars which was the first pizza chain in the U.S. to offer a side of bread with their pizza.
You can make this easy version of a breadstick to keep in the fridge or freezer when a craving hits.
Refrigerator – After it has come to room temperature, store Crazy Bread in an airtight container or ziploc bag for 5-7 days.
Freezer – Store in the freezer for up to 3 months in a freezer bag or freezer-safe containers.
These pillowy breadsticks are so easy to make, you hardly need any tips or tricks for them to turn out just right!
- When freezing, it may be helpful to flash-freeze the breadsticks first by placing them in a single layer on a baking sheet for an hour in the freezer before bagging them. This can help them to not stick together.
- You can also separate layers of the Crazy Bread with parchment paper to prevent them from sticking together.
- Be sure to immediately top the crazy bread with the butter mixture after taking it out of the oven so that the butter (and flavor) seeps into the bread.
Just grab a few simple ingredients from the grocery store to make this easy, crave-worthy bread.
- Refrigerated pizza crust or homemade regular pizza crust
- Garlic salt
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
Kitchen Supplies You’ll Need
If you don’t have a pizza cutter, use a large chef’s knife.
How to Make Copycat Crazy Bread
With just a few quick steps to this easy recipe, you’ll have buttery breadsticks that everyone will love in nearly no time.
- Place the pizza crust on a prepared baking sheet.
- Slice the dough into strips.
- Place the cookie sheet in a preheated oven and bake according to the directions on the package.
- Microwave the butter in a microwave-safe bowl in intervals until fully melted.
- Stir the garlic salt into the melted butter.
- When the breadsticks are golden brown, remove them from the oven and brush the garlic butter mixture over top.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top of the breadsticks.
- Serve the buttered breadsticks immediately with dipping sauce.
What to Serve With Crazy Bread
You can dip these warm breadsticks into any of your favorite sauces or serve them alongside other dishes.
- Sauces – Try serving a marinara sauce, pizza sauce, ranch, or an olive oil dipping sauce.
- Pasta – These breadsticks are a perfect partner for spaghetti, lasagna, or other Italian dishes.
- Proteins – Instead of dinner rolls to go with your steak, chicken, or pork chops, serve this tasty bread on the side.
Why You Should Make Copycat Crazy Bread
If you love warm, buttery bread you’ll love this garlicky bread with parmesan cheese.
- Customizable – You can make all sorts of changes or additions to this bread.
- Easy – With just a handful of ingredients and quick steps, it’s not only easy to make but also to clean up afterward.
- Versatile – You can serve this as an appetizer and it’s a great side dish — or just have it for a snack.
Variations and Add-ins
There are lots of ways to customize this simple bread.
- Cheese – Change up the type of cheese that you sprinkle on top.
- Heat – Add crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the butter mixture.
- Herbs – Incorporate dried herbs like oregano, basil, Italian seasoning, or your own favorites.
- Oil – Use olive oil instead of butter.
- Dough – Instead of buying the crust you can make your own homemade dough.
- Heating – Instead of using the oven, try making them in an air fryer or toaster oven.
Crazy Bread Little Caesars
If you love this easy Crazy Bread recipe, you’re going to love these other copycat recipes too. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
More Easy Bread Recipes
If you love this recipe for Homemade Crazy Bread as much as I do, please write a five-star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
Crazy Bread – Copycat Recipe
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust or homemade regular pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Roll the pizza crust out on a baking sheet.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into strips. I was able to get 16 on a normal-sized crust.
- Bake the dough according to the package directions.
- While the dough is baking, prepare the garlic butter.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in 10-15 second intervals.
- Once the butter is melted, add the garlic salt and stir.
- Remove the breadsticks from the oven and immediately brush them with the garlic butter.
- Top with the grated parmesan cheese
- Serve with a marinara dipping sauce or ranch dressing if desired.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.