Cookie Dough Frosting is used to make this over-the-top Brownie Cookie Dough Freak Cake. It’s easy AND so delicious. Made without eggs, so it’s safe to eat. Perfect for any celebration!
Last summer my daughter requested an over the top Brownie Cookie Dough Freak Cake for her birthday. I had an idea in my head & we were both so pleased when I was able to pull it all together to satisfy her special request. It turned out amazing & I can’t believe it has taken me this long to share this magnificent creation with you.
Brownie Cookie Dough Freak Cake
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I knew I wanted chocolate cake. Being that I tight on time to bring it together, I opted for boxed cake mix & brownies. But you can use this super easy One Bowl Brownie recipe if you like.
I used my favorite Gluten-Free Eggless Cookie Dough for the dough on top & then slightly adapted this recipe my friend Amanda’s Creamy Cookie Dough Frosting for the filling & topping. Even though we were making this half-naked, I still needed some frosting to hold the layers together & keep all the brownie & cookie dough pieces in place.
Friends- this cake was AH-MAZ-ING!!! If you love cookie dough & brownies, this is absolute BLISS!
Cookie Dough Frosting
It was the perfect teen birthday cake.
I might have to find another excuse to make it again.
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
Looking for more awesome recipes?
Cookie Dough Frosting
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks at room temp
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp table salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large mixer bowl, combine brown sugar & butter & beat until smooth.
- Slowly add in flour, vanilla & salt & mix until combined
- While mixing on lowest speed, pour in milk.
- Once the milk is incorporated, increase speed & whip until super creamy
- Reduce speed & fold in mini chocolate chips
- Spread on cake
*To make the freak cake you will need 2 layers of chocolate cake with this frosting spread in between the layers. Top with bite-sized pieces of brownies & scoops of eggless cookie dough.