Are these weeknights getting more hectic than ever? I know! Seems like so much is happening right around dinner time all week long. But you don’t have to go through the drive through to get dinner quick. You can absolutely have a home cooked meal your kids will enjoy with just a few minutes of prep. The kids can even help you. I know my kids are more invested in what we are having for dinner when they get to help make it. Plus I’m teaching them valuable life skills for the future. Let me show you how easy it is to make this Veggie Chicken Alfredo. It comes together in less than 30 minutes – which is great for those busy nights.
Sometimes I will make this ahead of time & then we can reheat at dinner time.
When we are getting home late from the gym & swim team – I definitely want easy.
My son is great at helping with this dish. He gets the veggies in the microwave & keeps the noodles stirred while I tend to the chicken & sauce. While this dish comes together in about 30 minutes if you are preparing alone – it’s even quicker if you have a few extra hands helping out.
Veggie Chicken Alfredo
- 1-3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 bag Birds Eye Asian Medley veggies
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 box fettuccine noodles
- Cut chicken into chunks & place in skillet
- Drizzle a little olive oil over chicken & saute until full cooked. Add in desired spices about half way through cooking. Remove from heat & set side.
- In a large stock pot- heat water to boiling - cook noodles to package directions (usually 8-11 minutes)
- While noodles are cooking, place butter, cheese & half & half in small saucepan & heat over medium - stirring frequently
- Place bag of steamable veggies in microwave & cook to package directions while you are working on the sauce & noodles
- Continue to heat the sauce, stirring until all ingredients are melted & fully incorporated.
- Remove from heat - set aside.
- Once noodles are done cooking- drain & transfer back into stockpot.
- Add in cooked chicken, sauce & veggies - stir well
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more quick dinner ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
Share Your Thoughts