Are these weeknights getting more hectic than ever? I know! Seems like so much is happening right around dinner time all week long. But you don’t have to go through the drive through to get dinner quick. You can absolutely have a home cooked meal your kids will enjoy with just a few minutes of prep with Easy Family Dinner Ideas. The kids can even help you. I know my kids are more invested in what we are having for dinner when they get to help make it. Plus I’m teaching them valuable life skills for the future. Let me show you how easy it is to make this Veggie Chicken Alfredo. It comes together in less than 30 minutes – which is great for those busy nights.
Sometimes I will make this ahead of time & then we can reheat at dinner time.
When we are getting home late from the gym & swim team – I definitely want easy.
My son is great at helping with this dish. He gets the veggies in the microwave & keeps the noodles stirred while I tend to the chicken & sauce. While this dish comes together in about 30 minutes if you are preparing alone – it’s even quicker if you have a few extra hands helping out.
Veggie Chicken Alfredo
- 1-3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 bag Birds Eye Asian Medley veggies
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 box fettuccine noodles
- Cut chicken into chunks & place in skillet
- Drizzle a little olive oil over chicken & saute until full cooked. Add in desired spices about half way through cooking. Remove from heat & set side.
- In a large stock pot- heat water to boiling - cook noodles to package directions (usually 8-11 minutes)
- While noodles are cooking, place butter, cheese & half & half in small saucepan & heat over medium - stirring frequently
- Place bag of steamable veggies in microwave & cook to package directions while you are working on the sauce & noodles
- Continue to heat the sauce, stirring until all ingredients are melted & fully incorporated.
- Remove from heat - set aside.
- Once noodles are done cooking- drain & transfer back into stockpot.
- Add in cooked chicken, sauce & veggies - stir well
This year, Birds Eye has partnered with Melissa d’Arabian, celebrity chef, mom of four, and host of FoodNetwork.com’s web series The Picky Eaters Project, to make a difference and help moms with the dinnertime dilemma. Many moms think that preparing a nutritious meal is time consuming. So Birds Eye frozen vegetables is helping moms by providing nutritious, tasty veggies that kids will love. Together, Birds Eye and Melissa are combining their expertise in getting children to eat more veggies, one bite at a time.
I love that Birds Eye has partnered with Melissa d’Arabian. I have worked with her on another project a while back & I can say, she’s truly dedicated to giving families healthy & better for you alternatives.
Step Up To The Plate is Birds Eye’s long-term commitment to reshaping kids’ veggie perceptions and getting children to like veggies for life.
Today, 9 out of 10 people in the United States do not get the proper amount of vegetables, according to The State Of The Plate report.
Birds Eye continues to make eating more vegetables a reality by showing families how to fill half the plate with veggies in fun and simple ways moms and kids will both like. By providing moms with more than 40 unique vegetable blends year round at affordable prices, Birds Eye continues to be her ally in the dinnertime dilemma.
Check out this great video of Melissa d’Arabian giving her tips for getting more Veggies!
Want more quick dinner ideas?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE