With the abundance of apples I have here- it should come as no surprise to you all that I finally decided to do some treat making with them. Last year I did these caramel apples with my homemade caramel. (please excuse the images- I was very new to food photos at that time) So I really wanted to do something I had not tried before. The last time we were at Silverwood I was telling my son about the memories of being at the theme parks in So Cal growing up. One of my favorite things to get was the candy apples. I was describing to him how full they were of cinnamon flavor. Being that cinnamon is his favorite flavor- he was really wanting me to re-create that for him. So I did.
These were every bit as good as I remembered them.
My son says no other treat compares – but he’s a bit bias as he literally can’t get enough of cinnamon flavored things. 🙂
Cinnamon Candy Apples
- 5-6 apples- washed & sticks inserted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup white corn syrup
- 10-15 drops red food color
- 1 tsp cinnamon candy flavoring
- Line baking sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment or Silpat. Set aside.
- Combine water, granulated sugar & corn syrup in 2qt saucepan.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Continue to boil until you reach 300 degrees- hard crack temp.
- Remove from heat & quickly * carefully add in your food coloring & candy flavor being cautious to not breath in the steam. Stir.
- Immediately start dipping & rolling your apples in the liquid candy. You may need to tilt the pan to cover the apples depending on their size.
- I did one coat & then placed on parchment. Once they were all coated I drizzled out the remaining candy in the pan over the top of the apples to give an extra coat.
- Sprinkle with any decorations desired at this time.
- Allow to sit at room temperature to harden
- Store in an airtight container or wrap with plastic wrap.