Chocolate Peanut Covered Caramel Apples with the best homemade caramel, chocolate & peanuts makes these the best fall dessert around. YUM caramel lovers.
Ha! Do I have a treat for you today!!!! This Caramel Apples RECIPE is insanely delicious! A bit ago the hubs came home with these ENORMOUS apples. Like they were over 4 inches tall & weighed over 1 pound each. He bought 5 apples at $1.99/lb & the total was near $15. So you do the math. These suckers are HUGE! You might remember me posting an image on Instagram about it.
Homemade Caramel Apples Recipe
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Chocolate Peanut Covered Caramel Apples
These are my #1 favorite fall dessert! So good- you have to make them!
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more great caramel recipes?
- 6-8 large apples + popsicle sticks
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Butter
- 2 cups packed Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 can (14oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped peanuts (opt)
- Heavily butter a Silpat sheet. Set aside.
- Insert sticks into cleaned apples.
- In a 2qt heavy saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup & sweetened condensed milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook & stir until candy thermometer reads 248 degrees (firm ball stage) This should take about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from heat, carefully stir in vanilla extract.
- Working quickly, dip each apple & turn to coat.
- Holding by the stick you can sprinkle with whatever topping you like. OR you can set aside on a Silpat to cool. Be sure to work quickly if sprinkling as the caramel will set fast.
- While caramel is setting, melt your chocolate chips in a small bowl by microwaving in 30-second increments - stirring in between each time.
- Dip & turn apples to coat.
- Immediately sprinkle with peanuts & then set back on Silpat.
- Transfer to refrigerator to cool & harden.