Wow your guests this holiday season & serve them these Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls that are light & fluffy & oh so good. Perfect holiday dinner roll recipe.
I love bread. I love it almost as much as I love shredded meat. So when I am making dinner (which usually includes shredded meat) 🙂 I always have bread on the brain. Something about making my own bread is incredibly satisfying. The smell of the dough, the kneading, the flour mess – it’s all therapeutic to me & I love it so much. But all that doesn’t compare to how much I truly enjoy eating it. Because of this, I feel like I make some sort of homemade bread or rolls at least once a week. Makes it hard to narrow down a favorite sometimes when it comes to what I will serve along-side Thanksgiving dinner. That is until I made these sweet potato dinner rolls. They are the perfect addition to the holiday feast.
Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
You see, a bunch of us all got together to bring you holiday recipes. They voted on sweet potato recipes, but our family doesn’t eat them. So I was feeling a bit challenged. That is until I remembered my favorite potato roll recipe & thought it would be great to try it with a sweet potato. Plus it gave me an excuse to use my newest baking pan.
Now there are different kinds of sweet potatoes apparently. We purchased what the store had labeled as sweet potato, which had a yellow-ish flesh inside – it’s actually what is referred to as a firm sweet potato. Then there are the orange ones that everyone is familiar with- those are soft sweet potatoes. Our store had them labeled as yams, which is why we didn’t bake with those. But you can use whichever you prefer for this recipe.
Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls
- ¾ cup water
- 2-1/4 tsp active dry instant yeast
- ½ tsp + ⅓ cup granulated sugar- divided
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp table salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter- semi-melted
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato- cooked & unseasoned
- 4-1/2 to 4-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a glass measuring cup, combine yeast, ½ tsp sugar & warm water (around 115-125 degrees)
- Allow yeast to proof (it will become frothy)
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixer bowl
- Turn mixer on low with dough hook attachment & slowly pour in yeast mixture
- Increase speed & mix until combined
- Transfer to a lightly greased bowl- cover & place in a warm area to rise for 90 minutes (or until doubled in size)
- Spray 9x3 pan with cooking spray
- Divide dough into 16 equal portions & shape each into a ball & place in prepared pan
- Cover & allow to rise another 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 350 degree
- Bake rolls 20-25 minutes or until golden
- Serve warm
- Store in an airtight container
I’m telling you- these are AMAZING! I ate so many of them. I really didn’t leave many for anyone else.
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas for Thanksgiving?
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Coconut Sweet Potato Casserole from Bread Booze Bacon
Baked Sweet Potato Donuts from I Heart Eating
Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls from Kleinworth & Co.
Candied Sweet Potato Stacks from Cooking with Curls
Cranberry Sweet Potato Casserole from Home.Made.Interest.
Harvest Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner from The Creative Bite
Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes from Liz on Call
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE