Coconut Macaroons are the perfect spring treat. A twist on the classic macaroon recipe, this one is made without eggs, which makes them thick & chewy. Everything I love about a good macaroon for sure. These are definitely a great Easter dessert for all you coconut lovers out there.
Do you love macaroons? I can’t get enough. But then again, I have a serious love for all things coconut. Which of course makes me super excited for spring & summer when coconut recipes & scents are everywhere. Now that we are coming up on Easter I started thinking I needed to whip up some macaroons. Then I realized that I have never really shared just a plain macaroon recipe with you all. I have a classic recipe that uses eggs that I was going to share, but then I came across a recipe with no eggs from Dorothy at Crazy for Crust. I had to give it a go- with my own twist of course.
Oh my word, I really had a hard time not enjoying every single one of these all by myself. I thought for a moment that I would send a batch with the boy when he went to work- you know, just to get them out of the house. But I just couldn’t do it. I couldn’t part with them. So I did eat them all, or at least all the ones I didn’t share with the kids. I did end up giving up a few.
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2-3/4 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ can (7 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp butter extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl & stir well until fully combined
- Drop 1-2 tbsp balls of dough onto prepared cookie sheets
- Bake 11-14 minutes, or until the tops are slightly golden & bottoms are light brown
- Cool on baking sheet & then transfer to airtight container
- Store at room temperature
These are absolutely the perfect treat to share this Easter! Make some!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
FUN STUFF I love & use in my kitchen!
Looking for more of our favorite coconut recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE