Banana & coconut lovers rejoice! AMAZING Banana Coconut Bundt Cake is a banana cake loaded with coconut & topped with scrumptious sugar glaze. Perfect for any occasion! You will LOVE this cake! This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I’m a contributor.
Banana Coconut Bundt Cake
I love coconut. It’s my all-time favorite flavor. So of course I’m always looking for new & creative ways to add it to just about any recipe I can think of. I don’t really know how or why, because my mom never cared much for it. I’m actually surprised we ever had it in the house. I suppose it was because she was always making treats for other people & coconut is loved by so many. It can be a hard one though. I think most people are either all in or completely out. Rarely do I find people that are indifferent about it. But in this house- it’s an absolute favorite. So everyone was quite happy when I created this banana coconut bundt cake a while back. Smothered with sweet & creamy glaze- wow, it was DELICIOUS!
You could also skip the glaze & add a drizzle of caramel sauce instead. That would be absolutely amazing! It’s the perfect cake for all your spring & summer gatherings. It’s like a little visit to a tropical location.
Banana Coconut Bundt Cake
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3-4 ripe bananas mashed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes + more for topping
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- *sprinkle of toasted coconut for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter & flour your bundt pan - or give a heavy spritz with Bakers Joy cooking spray
- In mixer bowl beat butter & sugar until light & fluffy
- Add in eggs one at a time - beating well in between each one
- Add in mashed bananas - stir
- Add flour, baking powder & salt & beat until batter is smooth
- Stir in coconut & transfer to prepared pan
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until golden brown & toothpick test comes out clean
- *Note - if it looks like it’s browning too much on the sides but still needs to go a bit longer for the center, cover loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes.
- *Allow to cool on wire rack completely before removing from pan.
- Once cool, invert on cake plate
- For the glaze, combine ingredients & whisk until smooth
- Drizzle glaze immediately on cake, top with additional coconut & serve
If you love banana or coconut- this Banana Coconut Bundt Cake is definitely the perfect cake recipe for you!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more scrumptious dessert recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE