Taco Macaroni Casserole is comfort food at it’s finest. Ground beef, macaroni & taco flavors all come together in this delicious casserole everyone loves.
Taco Macaroni Casserole
Who’s craving some comfort food? We definitely are!! Winter is really settling in here & it’s so cold. I’m really finding myself craving May like temperatures. With the hubs at the apartment I find myself leaning more & more on easy dishes that fill the kids & leave enough for leftovers the next night. Especially because my son is working some evenings- it really makes it hard to all eat together. So since time is short I need to work quick in the kitchen so we can take advantage of what time we do have together to enjoy a meal. A lot of the time I will work on dinner while they finish up schoolwork. We dine a little early & then have a light snack later on in the evening. It’s a bit different than our usual schedule, but with easy casserole dishes like this- it makes meal time smooth.
This dish has all the flavors of your favorite taco, beef, seasonings, salsa, sour cream – yep, it’s all in there. But then we mix it in to some macaroni noodles & then bake it like a casserole. Oh my word- it’s delicious.
Now you can definitely just make, mix & eat this. It’s tastes great that way. But most of the time I like to pop it in the casserole dish, top with some cheese & bake for a bit. It really helps all those flavors come together. I guarantee, your family will absolutely LOVE this dinner recipe.
Taco Macaroni Casserole
- 2 pound ground beef
- 16 ounces macaroni noodles
- 2 tbsp minced onions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 pkts taco seasoning
- 1- 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded Cheese for topping
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain, set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, garlic and onions over medium heat until thoroughly cooked.
- Mix in the salsa and taco seasoning and let simmer over medium about 5 minutes.
- Add in the cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream and water, and continue stirring until the cream cheese and sauce is well blended throughout.
- Transfer to casserole dish & top with shredded cheese.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is bubbling
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If your family loves good comfort food on these chilly winter days – this will be a favorite!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas?