Oh, I’m so excited to share this with you all!!!!!!!!! I love a good caramel sauce. But it has to be homemade. I can always taste the difference between a homemade caramel sauce & a mass produced one. Well……..I took my favorite homemade caramel sauce & added the one flavor EVERYONE is nuts for this time of year…..PUMPKIN. Yep- my friends, I made Pumpkin Caramel. Just when I thought I couldn’t LOVE caramel any more than I already do- this takes it over the top. I’m sitting here racking my brain on how many things I can get away with adding it to. Just a little drizzle on just about everything should be good!
Seriously – the two flavors that scream fall- caramel & pumpkin….all rolled into one!
Really – you HAVE TO make this. I can’t even begin to express how yummy it is. It takes the amazingness of my Pumpkin Spice Syrup I shared last year & blows it out of the water. If you made that recipe last fall – you will DYE for this one.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 tbsp room temperature butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree not pie filling
- Heat sugar in heave saucepan over medium
- Whisking constantly - cook until sugar starts to clump & turns golden amber - being careful not to burn
- Remove from heat & carefully add butter, salt & spices. Stir well.
- Return to heat & slowly add milk, pumpkin puree & sweetened condensed milk
- Heat to a boil & then turn down to simmer for about 1-2 minutes
- Remove from heat & allow to cool about 5 minutes before transferring to sterile jars
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week or freezer for 1 month.
Want more yumminess?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE